Smoke and Mirrors: Herald of Progress

London, Greater London Area, 

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, 

March 01, 2006, 9:55 am.

Inside a broadcasting studio, a pair of news anchors in their early 30s are interviewing a panel of three experts who are seated along a long rectangular table, The three are answering the question that the male news anchor inquired concerning the recent leaks about the offshore bank accounts of government officials from the Republic of Iraq, the civilian government that replaces the Coalition Provisional Authority of Iraq. 

"This is a complete disaster we are talking of millions of pounds of Euros which were stolen by these government officials, cold hard cash which comes from the hard-working British people," the forty-five-year-old man continues to speak while sitting comfortably behind the long rectangular table alongside his fellow experts in government affairs, "The more that this story is unfolding the more that the Organization of Free Nations are vindicated by their decision to include civilian advisers in the host countries which are receiving their assistance, " he pointed out. 

"So you suggest, " a young woman in her late 50s who is against the concept of foreign civilian advisers speaks interjecting on the former, who quickly responds before she can continue speaking, "That. " 

"Woman!, " he responded cutting off the former before she could continue, "We are talking about three hundred and fifty million pounds which could have been used to better our programs invest in our country, and make Britain great again, " he pointed out while looking at the former and with each suggestion on how the money could have been used he slams his hand onto the table creating a loud sound of flesh hitting the top of the table, "And now this money is used by government officials to purchase yachts and mansions. "

"I have to agree," the young man forty-eight-year-old man who has so far been silent in the debate stated in support of the former, "This is corruption the only difference is that foreign government officials use the money of the hard-working British middle class to finance their greed and we cannot prosecute them because " he pauses for a while and cleared his throat, "This is a foreign government but if we have civilian advisers in the current administration. " 

"Such a notion would be unacceptable, " she responded before pointing out the reason for her stance, "It would be imperialism, neo-colonialism but this time it would be plain as day. "               

"I for one would say that it is as plain as day that British or European taxpayer's money has been used by Iraqi government officials for their personnel affairs, " the young man who speaks about the possible uses of the unaccounted money that was missing speaks in response to the former, "And so far we have only uncovered three hundred and fifty million, " he stated, "So I think it is more than a good reason for us to implement civilian advisers into the government of Iraq to ensure that they know what they are doing. " 

"At the same time allow our people to do accounting to ensure that every pound and euro is accounted for, " the forty-eight-year-old man suggested, "I think those concessions are more than viable after all we are looking at our money that is being used for the betterment of the Iraqi people. " 

"Basically you prefer that we conducted the conduct of the old? " she questioned before chuckling which garnered the attention of the two, "Have we learned nothing from history? " the young woman inquired. 

The female news anchor interjected, "I for one would believe that the United Nations has granted independence to our African colonies then they are not yet ready for such self-governance, " she pointed out, "It was a mistake, " the thirty-eight-year-old woman pauses for a few seconds before continuing, "Am I right? " she inquired, "coup de ta and descent to strong man rule alongside the occasional genocide. "