13.0 paciscor

means in Latin: deal

Over the course of a few months, Danialla decided to go live with nauerva and Koa after her mother’s passing. As the days had progressed, it didn’t mean how hard it was for Danialla. She was better than what she was when her mum first passed away. Koa, naurvera, Cor, and the Pevensies had helped her through it though. 

   She started to work at the palace multiple hours a day. She didn’t really speak much to anyone. Time by time she had spoken to others outside of the palace. Most of her time was spent in the sewing room of Cair Paravel. She made dresses for Susan, Lucy, and other Princesses and Queens of different countries; she also made outfits for Peter and Edmund and other Princes and Kings. She was considered one of the best seamstresses and sold her work once and a while to the shop in the town. Her work became so popular that Ettinsmoor even started to take her work.

Everyone had figured that Danialla seemed to be back to normal, but she was far from it. Having your whole family die in a year and a half span is something very mental breaking. She was only eighteen and her grandparents, mum, dad, brother, and a close friend had died. Her grandparents hadn’t made it to see the Golden Age.

She was walking through the halls of Cair Paravel to take a lunch break, eating an apple in her hand and humming to a song her mother sang to her often, when Edmund came out of a room. He was speaking to Narnia’s courtier, Lord Peridan, so she hid behind a pillar.

“It seems that our ally and foe seem to have a war soon. Thus, since you’re amazing at planning this sorts, I’d like to have your opinion,” Lord Peridan told the young king.

Edmund thought for a moment, “Write back to King Lune and tell him we’ll give him as much resources his army needs. We can’t afford to have a world war happen now.”

Lord Peridan nodded, “Of course, My Majesty.” he walked away to his office while Edmund stood still. After the Narnian courtier’s footsteps were now out of echo, Edmund turned right where Danialla hid.

“You may come out, Bridge.”

Danialla looked around and walked out of her hiding spot. “Sorry.” she blushed from embarrassment. “How’d you know I was there?”

“Saw you from the corner of my eye when I came out.” He replied, smirking so slightly. 

“I was just taking a lunch break.” she added, motioning the apple in her hand.

Edmund looked at the apple that had a few pieces of it missing. “It’s been a while since you’ve joined my siblings for meals.”

Danialla seemed to inject, saying she was fine, but to cause suspension of where her roundabouts were. Edmund could see the hesitation from the girl. He knew she was still grieving.

“Where are you going?” he asked, almost able to know the answer.

“A place I haven’t been to in a while,” she answered. She didn’t say a lie, she hadn’t been to the garden for a while. When Derek and her father died, she spent much time at the place, exploring the flowers and all.

“Let's go to the garden,” he told her. The girl, once again, looked hesitant. She knew what he meant. Truthfully, she thought he’d forgotten all about it. Eventually she nodded. Edmund smiled softly.

Edmund let the girl walk beside him. It was silent most of the way down. A few snarking remarks from both parties and hidden chuckles. The quietness from the girl was still mysterious to the boy.. He knew how grieving happened and the process. He just wished Danialla would open up and let people in. Then again, it took him months after the White Witch to open up to Peter.