1. Only the Rain can save us.

This is the aftermath of the Rohail fiasco when Meerab and Murtasim are in the car, travelling back to Hyderabad from Karachi and it is pouring outside.

Murtasim has his eyes on the road. The speed slowly increases, and the winding roads do not bother him. Nothing bothers him anymore. He is tired, genuinely tired. He showers his love on Meerab, protects her from everything possible, and has in fact tried telling her how important she is to him. But it seems nothing matters to her. A single tear slowly rolls down his cheek as he blinks his eyes.

"Murtasim please drive slowly. Something will happen." Meerab exclaims but to no avail. She won't be hearing anything from Murtasim. Is he never going to speak to her?

She sees an exit and a dead end to the right. This seems like the best opportunity, she has to stop him from being engulfed by his anger. She has to tell him nothing really happened.

"Take the next exit to the left", he is now looking at her, bewildered. "Take it please and stop the car". There are no questions asked  and he stops the car.

"What? You want to leave me now in the middle of the road, Rohail has helped light this new opportunity for you, you can just annul the marriage, Whatever I meant to you - will turn to dust, Great!" Wanting to hear nothing more, Meerab aggressively opens her door and stomps out, before angrily saying "Will you please, JUST!" And holds her eyes shut with her palm tightly.

She walks across the front of the car until she reaches his door and asks him to get out. Murtasim is unsure, he just looks at her surprised, he was not expecting this. Does she want to have a show down here, in the middle of nowhere? Didn't they just argue back in Karachi before they left? He slowly climbs out. He can see her now, the clothes stuck to her body, complimenting her curves, the hair now all drenched from the rain, she had been standing out for quite a few minutes now.

Meerab knew she had to be calm, but she had to assertively talk him down and explain the entire situation to him. He did not believe her at all when she told him how Rohail dragged her from her taxi to his apartment. How he like a crazy man, displayed his obsessive love to her. Which frankly speaking only scared and troubled her. All she wanted to do at that moment was call out for Murtasim, only he could save her. But she knew if he saw her with him, he will lose his mind and that is exactly what had transpired.

Murtasim was out of the car facing her, his greyish shirt now slowly getting wet with the rainwater. His lashes were also wet, but Meerab was not sure if it were his tears or the rain. This hurt her, and her heart slowed down. He was hurt and she was the reason. She couldn't tolerate his guts a couple of years back. Hell! even a few days before they got married. But whatever had transpired between them, had slowly brought out some repressed feelings she had towards him to the front. Those feelings she has always tried to hide ever since she was 15.

"Murtasim I cannot let you drive like a maniac, we will get into an accident, please take a deep breath" Murtasim looked at her and then gave a long sigh. Did she just ask him to get down while it was pouring outside so that she could tell him this? He rolled his eyes and just turned around. But he could now look at her reflection from window glass through the raindrops. She stood there worried, her eyes hopeful, searching. But he couldn't get himself to turn around. They stood like this for a couple of minutes, before he heard her say.

"I am telling the truth, Rohail forced me to his apartment, I didn't like but because I knew him and he is my class fellow I thought it wouldn't be much and he wouldn't harm me. Please trust me. I know you said that you find it hard to believe. But please trust me"

Murtasim stood there. Not a word from him. Meerab continued, "Murtasim, trust me...." Before she could complete it. Murtasim was now facing her. There was real anger in his eyes. It almost felt like had she not been a woman, he would have actually killed her.