5. Second Chances.

A/N: I wanted a really sweet reunion of the our M&M. So here goes a cute + a little spicy reunion. Enjoy!

Context: Meerab and Murtasim have a heart to heart conversation. Meerab laid down her conditions. Sweet as they may be but they had an underlying tinge of Meerab very clearly informing of her rights over him. Of 'only' her rights over him.

Meerab continued looking longingly at Murtasim, a slight smile formed on her face. Murtasim too couldn't shift his gaze. "I am sorry Murtasim" letting her tears find their way down her cheeks. She bent down, coming at the same level as him on the floor, leaving no distance between them. She cupped his face, wiping away any tear left on his face. Letting her thumbs trail through his beard. She forgot how much she admired it, she scanned his face as if she wanted to remember him always, just in case future required them to set off on yet another miserable journey. But she had prayed for him. She had prayed to her god to reunite her with her Murtasim. The love of her life. He saviour. Her Humsafar.

"Kya dekh rahi ho?" Murtasim raised his eyebrows as he asked. Pulling her by her waist. Bringing her even closer. "Yahi ke kya khoya hai Maine ye 2 saal. one thing is for sure"

"What?" Murtasim questioned his eyes searching hers. "Tumhe apne dil se na nikal paungi, mujhme itni himmat nahi, aur mera dil ye kabhi nahi chahega, I love you"

"I love you too Meerab" He smiled and gazed at her fondly, cupping her face and letting his palm lightly rub her cheeks.

He pulled her as they embraced. Both beginning to howl uncontrollably. 2 years worth of pain and anguish washing away. Letting go of the hurt they both experienced for so long.

As they pulled back, "Lekin tum to Haya madam ke sath baithe the" Meerab mocked with a tinge of tease. She knew, what had transpired, Ma begum had approached her when Murtasim had stepped out to take care of a few things. She had been informed how Haya had manipulated Murtasim and that Ma begum herself had emotionally blackmailed Murtasim to remarry. The gaddi ka jaanashin couldn't stay Kunwara. Which made Meerab wonder how fickle & dispensable everyone is in this world. And that we hold on to any ounce of safety or a semblance home we find.

"Tum to uske shohar ho jate, phir kya hota - mujhe hamesha ke liye bhool jate?" Meerab asked, a childlike expression on her face.

"Kabhi nahi, qayamat tak tumhe dhundta. Kagaz aur dunya liye hota hai ye nikah lekin main hamesha sirf tumhara rehta - I had all the plans of calling it off. I was about to tell Maulwi sahab to stop"

"Really, Khan Murtasim Khan- would have done this? Pulled such a stunt"

"Well I did anyway - didn't I ?" Murtasim put tapped her nose as he said this. Meerab scrunched her face.

"Hmmm tumhari pehli biwi aa gayi, - uski marzi ke bagair tum waise bhi dusri nikah nahi kar sakte"

Murtasim chuckled -" Yes of course, that is true - Lenin Meri biwi se bhi pehele tum Meri Meerab ho. Meri humsafar. Meri rooh tumhe pukarti hai. Tumhare bina saans lena main gavara nahi samajhta"

Meerab was pleasantly surprised at his confession. She knew every word was true. She held his shoulder & placed her forehead as it lightly touched his. A tender moment shared between two people who had finally found their place next to each other. The universe had conspired against them but nothing could keep them away.

After what seemed like eternity. Murtasim got up while pulling Meerab up stepping away from the sofa they both disliked. He held her face and softly placed a kiss on her forehead. Meerab had her dewey eyes fixed on him. This would be the first time he ever 'ever' placed his lips on her. However cheesy it may sound.