11. Marham Part 2

Meerab and Murtasim kept staring into each others eyes until one of the maids stood at the door, and the clinking of the utensils forced them to come out of their riverie.

Both of them pulled back and Murtasim turned to see the source of noise for a fleeting moment and turned his gaze towards Meerab, staring into her eyes and then slowly scanning her. Her curls that cascaded down her figure, softly landing on her shoulders. He could remain in trance all his life if it meant he could continue gazing at his wife, his Meerab. But, Meerab had taken the commotion as the cue to step down from the bed. She went and took the food trolley from the maid and followed her out of the room. She saw the maid move away from their room and once at safe distance, she closed the doors and locked them. Taking a breath, she turned her back to the door and slightly rested her back on it, closing her eyes, sighing once again. "I guess, I'll have to do it" she murmured to herself.

She took slow and thoughtful steps to the bed where Murtasim sat. He had now turned, looking straight at her, his eyebrows stretched up, waiting for her to say something, do something..

"So I mean, Ma Begum was mentioning that I need to help you"

"Hmmm.. and ?" Murtasim gave a knowing look, hiding his undeniable glee. Something inside him excited him. He was going to be tended to by Meerab. He began getting off the bed. He brought his left hand to the seam of his kameez wanting to get it off, he looked over at Meerab, hoping that she will help him, but she hesitated and drifted her gaze elsewhere. Disappointment flashed over him. Here he was almost hoping that after what had transpired early this morning, Meerab wouldn't hesitate as much as she did earlier, or at least she would find his touch or him distasteful.

So he struggled, having no help from his right arm or his wife, he continued to pull his Kameez and failed. He was pleasantly surprised when a hand met his at the end of the Kameez. He looked up and saw Meerab standing closer to him than he had expected. She held both ends of the Kameez helped him pull it out, navigating through his injured, carefully trying to hurt. She took it off and kept it on the bed. Taking a step back, she scanned him and said "ab salwar to tum hi utaro". He was a little taken a back. Not knowing what to do next, he though hard and said, can you help me draw a bath put a lot of foam and soap in it, ill be there in a minute.

Meerab found herself inside the en-suite, she turned on the tap on top of the tub and began looking for products that could help her draw a bath for her husband. She filled in a hearty portion of the bath foam and soap as bubbles formed. She walked out of the en-suite to see Murtasim only clad in a towel that precariously hung on his waist. "Ye kabhi bhi khul jaega so can we hurry" he said almost embarrassed. Meerab hid a smile and gestured to follow her. On reaching the tub, Murtasim seemed more than satisfied to see the amount of bubbles in the bath. "Ghum jao please" Murtasim requested as heard the plop of the water and the soft thud of the towel falling on the ground. She could hear him settle in the tub.

As if on cue, she turned to see Murtasim covering himself in certain places with the bubbles. He was a little embarrassed, only being able to use one of his hands to cover his naked form under the water. Meerab was taken aback. The mighty Khan Murtasim Khan felt embarrassed.

Meerab bent down, her knees touching the bathroom tile, water splashed on the floor, seeping through her salwar. She took the body wash in her hand and poured it into her palm, she rubbed her palms together, until the soap lathered well and then looked at Murtasim as if seeking permission to lather it on him. He nodded slightly, hesitantly looking at her. Slowly approaching his chest, her fingers first came in contact with him, then she open palmed touched him and began lathering the soap.

The contact, sent her shiver down his spine. His Meerab so close to him, her innocent but wary eyes trying to decipher his reactions. How could he tell her, the effect she had on him. His lips parted at the sensation. While she continued, lathering the soap on him, then travelled the expanse of his muscular shoulders. She had now lifted her body, her face a lot closer to his face. Their breaths mingling in their shared space. He itched to come even closer, but held himself back.

Once, Meerab was done, lathering the soap. She began cupping the water in the tub and gently poured it over him. He looked at her awe at her tenderness. A soft smirk appeared on her face as this time she cupped the water only to splash it on his face, careful not wet his bandaged forehead.

She continued to tend to him and gazes locked more than once. A tender, quiet moment share between the two. Words unsaid, but the silence, the actions spoke louder.

After what seemed like hours. Murtasim asked Meerab to hand him the towel once again so that he could step out. He was about to ask her to turn around, but she held the towel, and wrapped it around his waist, tucking the end of the knot in front.

The air around them growing thicker by the second. Murtasim unable to hold himself back, brought his good hand at the small of her back, giving the slightest of pressure and drawing circles.

"M..Murtasim.." left Meerab, as the she looked up, her eyelashes being the perfect cover between their intense gazes. They broke apart only a few inches as a sharp knock at the door was heard. She took that as a chance to quickly turn around and head over to his wardrobe to find his black shalwar and Kameez that she loved to see him in.

She held his boxers and his Shalwar to him. He jiggled into his boxers with his good hand, and did the same with his shalwar, until it was brought to his waist. Meerab was leaning by the wall watching his actions with glee. She was unable to comprehend why she found it endearing. As he began struggling with the shalwar thread, he found another pair of hands on it and they over powered his, tying the knot perfectly. She then held the Kameez aligning it with his head as she helped him navigate through it. Once done, she smiled at him, giving a nod as a confirmation on the task well completed and she left.

Murtasim basked in the subtle intimate moments shared between the two. He couldn't believe Meerab had come this close to him and felt comfortable in his presence. It seemed like a huge win for him.

He smiled to himself, another step closer to winning Meerab's heart.
_______________________________

A/N - I am sorry for the delay in updating. From the some of comments in the last OS, I guess we really wanted a second part to Marham. Hence, I wrote the second part. This is just a really subtle moment shared between them. They've never before gotten this close or comfortable with each other. So I really wanted to write this.

I will be updating another OS based on different event soon.

Do let me know your thoughts on this one!