15. Symphony of love

Context: this is after a couple of years post Meerab's further education and she is now a full fledged lawyer.
———————————————————-
Meerab sat in her office. Murtasim had fulfilled her dream of becoming a lawyer, something she had dreamt of since she could remember anything. She sat in her office as phone rang, interrupting the silence in the room and her thoughts.

"Ma'am, Your husband is here to see you" her assistant spoke from the other end.

She was filled with giddiness. Excited to see her husband after a week. He had gone away for some work. Leaving her pinning for him, the nights were lonely and the incessant "Baba Kidhar hai" from little meesam pinched her heart. She wanted to tell her, how much she wanted to run behind her baba and hold him so close, he could never leave her. So close, that their bodies would meld, fuse together, never to be parted.

She sighed. A smile appeared on her face. "Unhe andar bhejo please" she tried to hide her excitement.

There was a knock on the door. She adjusted her collar, and tried to brush away the crease on her the white shalwar kameez. She stood up and cleared her throat and the door opened slowly.

Murtasim stepped in, and locked the door behind him. His dark blue blazer, fitting his physique, his broad shoulders so well. "Missed me?" he said, the smug look on his face, making Meerab roll her eyes.

"Main to nahi, but meesam ne kaafi miss kiya tumhe"

Murtasim, came closer to her desk, standing on the other side of the table. He placed both his palms flat on the table and casually leaned forward. "Aur Meesam ki mama ne?"

"I was so busy i hardly had time to miss you" she spoke in a nonchalant manner. Her eyes on the desk, she did not want to give in. But knew heart of heart that he could look through her.

Ever since she had started working, managing work & home was point of worry for her, like every working mother but she was glad to have the help. Maa Begum and Anila were often around Meesam and by the time Meerab would reach home, Meesam would be fast asleep tired from her day at playschool and she would then get ready to wait for Murtasim to come back home or,  Often Murtasim would pick her up from work on his way home. This had become a cute routine for them, stopping on the way to get tea from a near by stall.

Who knew, Meerab and Murtasim would become a regular couple. Mom and Dad going back home to their daughter.

But their routine had had a break, with Murtasim going off on a urgent business work. Leaving Meerab to herself. Her nights spent in shuffling on the bed, stretching her arm out to the emty side, missing Murtasim.

But he was here now, at her work standing right in front of her, across the table. Every part of her body felt like it was reaching out to him. She walked around the table to meet him. His eyes followed her. "So you didn't miss me?" he asked

She came closer, until was standing only inches away. Bringing her thumb and forefinger in front of his face, "Shayad thoda sa"

"hmmm thoda sa" he repeated after her, as he slowly pulled the end of the dupatta she was wearing, until it slipped of, slowly, as their eyes locked into each other.

"Murtasim" she whispered.

"Meerab" he whispered back

Coming closer, brushing his nose to hers, and then brushing past her cheek to leave a peck there. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and connecting it to the Bluetooth speaker, and played Beethovan Symphony 5. and put the volume on high. The music picked up the rhythm and flooded the room with its sound.