☆ twenty-four ☆

september 1st, 2019

While Charles was currently in Belgium battling for the pole position, Alina was in New York promoting her new album, both of them wishing they were together.

"Charles Leclerc can now see the checkered flag, and for the first time ever Charles Leclerc wins a Formula 1 Grand Prix! Charles Leclerc wins the Belgium Grand Prix!"

Charles felt over the moon as he yelled into his radio.

"WE DID IT!" he yelled happily as he carried on driving, "YES! YES!! YES!"

"Congrats Charles!"

"I just wish Lina was here," he said as he parked his Ferrari in front of the pole position. He got out of the car, and raised one hand to the sky before rushing to his team and hugging and cheering with them. Yet he couldn't help but feel disappointed when he knew Alina wasn't there to see him win.

About twenty minutes later, Lewis and Valtteri had already received their trophies, and Charles was making his way out to collect his. The Monégasque driver stood on the podium, took his trophy and held it up, grinning. While there was a wide grin on his face, it didn't reach his eyes. As he waved to the crowd, his jaw dropped.

"No way," he said to Lewis, "is that. . . ."

Lewis looked where Charles was looking and beamed.

"Holy shit mate, it is," he said, clapping Charles in the back.

"Did you know?" he asked as both Lewis and Valtteri shook their heads.

Charles couldn't help the wide grin on his face as he looked at the others. He put this trophy on the platform and essentially sprinted down towards the crowd. Everyone watched him confused as he sprinted  past the Ferrari team, past the paparazzi, past fans to the one person he wanted to be there. He said nothing as he wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her around, holding her tightly as she held her arms around his neck and laughed.

He put her down and without even giving her a chance to talk, he kissed her. She smiled into the kiss, holding onto his biceps as he held her waist.

"What are you doing here Lina?" he asked when they broke apart. "You're meant to be in New York!"

"I wanted to surprise you," she said, "and I'm glad I did!" Charles looked at her, his green eyes watering as she smiled.

"I'm glad you're here," he said, hugging her tightly as she beamed.

"We are celebrating tonight," she said as he nodded. "Now get on that podium, my winner."

"It's all because of you," he said as he beamed. He kissed her one last time and then made his way up to the podium while Alina made her way to where the rest of Ferrari were standing.

That night, Alina and the rest of the drivers were out celebrating in the nearest club. The blonde had her hair down and was wearing a white tube top, a white mini skirt with white chunky heels and a white bag as she and Charles were dancing together in the club.

"I love this song!" Alina screamed at Charles as a remix of Down began playing. She had been drinking since the race ended and was already heavily drunk.

"I love you Lina!" Charles yelled back as Alina grinned and kissed him. Charles wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer as the other guys around them all wolf-whistled. The two broke apart, laughing as Alina stuck her middle finger up at them.

"I love you too," Alina yelled back. "I'm gonna, gonna go pee. I'll be back."

Charles nodded, but kept an eye on her as she stumbled in the direction of the bathroom. As the blonde got to the bathroom, she looked up and saw a man blocking the entrance to the bathrooms. He was mid-fourties grinning at her.

"Oh sorry, I just need to get to the bathrooms," she said but the man smiled at her in a way that made her feel uncomfortable.

"You're that singer, Alina Verstappen, right?" the man asked as Alina nodded.

"Yeah," she said, "I just need to use the bathroom and then get back to my boyfriend."

"I'm not surprised that a pretty thing like you has a boyfriend," he said as Alina nodded awkwardly.

"Yeah, and I need to use the bathroom then get back to him."

"Your boyfriend won't notice if you come with me," the man said, putting his hand on her arm. She snatched her arm back.

"Yes he will," she said sternly. "Please, let me get past."

Five minutes had passed and Alina was still not back.

"She's not back," Charles said worried. As he got his phone out his pocket, he saw Alina was calling him. He answered it, putting his finger over his ear with one hand. "Baby, where are you?" But he didn't heard Alina.

"Come home with me," said a gruff voice over the phone.

"Please leave me alone," came the shaky voice of Alina, "I just want to use the bathroom and go back to my boyfriend."

"You don't need him," said the man, "we can do all sorts of things, things your pathetic boyfriend can't do."

"Please," Alina said. Charles grabbed Max and Lando and dragged them towards the bathroom.

"Lina's in trouble," he said as the two boys sent him a confused look. All three of them had sobered up quickly as they all hurried to the bathroom where they saw the man pinning Alina to the wall as she held her phone behind her, tears running down her face as she shook her head.

"OI!" Charles yelled, getting the attention of Alina and the man.

They both looked over and within seconds, the man was on the floor. Alina ran to Lando who held her protectively and as the man tried to get up, he was punched by Max. Alina held onto Lando tightly who made sure she was okay as she began hyperventilating from crying. Lewis and George ran over with the bouncers who took one look at a sobbing Alina holding onto Lando, a livid Charles and Max and grabbed the man, dragging him out.

Charles rushed to Alina and put his hands on her cheeks, cupping her face.

"Are you alright mon chéri?" Charles asked as Alina looked up, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Did he do anything?"

"No," she said as she shook her head, "but I thought he would." She hugged him tightly as she sobbed into his shoulder.

"Come on," Max said, putting his hand on his sisters back. "Let's go."

Alina nodded, held onto Charles' arm with a death grip and they, Lando and Max made their way back to the others. They took one look at Alina and all left with them.

An hour later, it was just Alina, Charles, Max and Lando walked around the streets of Belgium already sober. The other guys had gone either back to their hotel or to another club while the four were finding a shop open for food.

Alina and Charles were walking in front of the other two when Alina decided she wanted a piggy back.

"Please," she laughed as she tried to get on Charles' back, unaware Lando was taking photos of them.

"Alright then," he said laughing as he bent down and gave Alina a piggy back.

"Yay!" she laughed, kissing his cheek.