Chapter 5

Caroline's POV

The next morning I woke up alone in my bed and I heard soft sounds coming from downstairs. I sit up and check the time, 9:00 am. I'm not used to sleeping in but it was worth it, I was in a great mood and I decided to get up and do my makeup for the day. I decided today would be a great day to redecorate my cabin and get myself set up with new appliances and decorations. After doing my hair and makeup I grabbed a short sundress and a pair of sandals, since I wouldn't be in the dirt today, and got dressed.

 After doing my hair and makeup I grabbed a short sundress and a pair of sandals, since I wouldn't be in the dirt today, and got dressed

 After getting dressed I headed downstairs, Rip and Kayce were downstairs in the kitchen cooking breakfast. "Well good morning, my loves," I say smiling. "Good morning beautiful, you look amazing today, whatcha got planned?" Kayce says to me flipping his food in the pan. "I'm thinking about updating the cabin which I will need some help with, I might add. I'm gonna go shopping for necessities and household stuff and maybe even a new tv for my room and whatnot. What about y'all?" I say sitting at the bar as Rip places a cup of coffee in front of me with cream and sugar. "I've got most of the guys with the herd Ryan and Colby are with Lee unloading heifers we got from the auction this morning," Rip says to me, plating scrambled eggs on the plate with the pancakes Kayce was making. "Here you go, darlin', eat up," Rip says, placing the plate in front of me. "Thank you both," I say, digging into my food. "What kinda updates are you planning babe?" Kayce asks curiously. "I just wanna get new rugs for the living room, towels, and new pots and pans, I'm not too sure of that right now but nothing drastic," I say between bites of pancakes. "What color did you want to decorate the living room?" Rip asks, leaning on the counter. "I was thinking about teal and white?" I say scrolling through ideas on Google. "Sounds nice, What would you need from us?" Kayce asks as I take my last bite finishing my breakfast. "I'd need my big strong men to help take out the old couches and put in the new ones, please," I say, giving my best begging face. "Of course darlin', anything you want." Rip chuckles. "Thank you," I squeal excitedly running around the bar and jumping to hug him. Rip laughs and spins me around before kissing me softly. "You're more than welcome, just let me know what you need to be done," Rip says with a smile. "Oh, I will," I giggle as he tips his hat to me before walking out to go to work. I smile up at Kayce, "Any plans today?" I ask sweetly. "I think Dad wants to talk to me today but I'm not too sure what it's about," Kayce says with a shrug. "It could be a good thing Kayce, you never know," I say looking through drawers for a notepad and pen to make myself a list of what I'll need. I finally found a notepad and pen and I took a seat at the bar once again. Kayce walks around to stand behind me. 1. New Washer and Dryer 2. Towels 3. New Rug for the living room 4. New couch 5. Shampoo and Conditioner 6. New boots and a new warmer jacket 7. Laundry Detergent 8. Patio Chairs 9. Outdoor heater for the porch. 10. New TVs I sit and think of anything else I might need. "Any requests?" I ask looking up at him. "Actually yeah, Rip might like a recliner and I'd like you to splurge on yourself, my baby," Kayce says, kissing my cheek. "Splurge on myself?" I ask curiously. "Yeah, get stuff for yourself to be relaxed when you get home," Kayce says rubbing my shoulders. "Hmm... I can do that," I say relaxing under Kayce's hands. "What do YOU want me to get you?" I ask, smiling up at him. "I don't need anything else. You and Teeter are all I need." Kayce says, kissing my cheek. "I'm gonna get you something anyway," I say smiling. "I'm sure you will, baby," Kayce chuckles. I smile and grab my notebook and walk over to the door and place it into my purse. "I'm gonna head out, want me to give you a ride to your dad?" I ask him while putting on my sunglasses. "Yeah that would be great," Kayce says walking over to me. "Okay, baby," I say, sliding my phone in my back pocket and grabbing my purse, before heading out to my truck. We both get in the truck and start the short drive up to the lodge, "Can I have your phone for a sec?" Kayce asks me. I nod and immediately hand him my phone after unlocking the screen. Kayce inputs his number into my phone before texting himself. "If you need anything, Call me, I don't care what we're doing, We will drop everything and come help." Kayce says handing me back my phone. "I will baby, I promise." I say sweetly rubbing his cheek. Kayce leans over and plants a deep tender kiss on my lips. "Be careful, my love." Kayce says before exiting the truck. "I will," I say rolling down my windows. I drove over to the bunkhouse by the arena where Rip, Colby Ryan, and Teeter were all huddled together. "Hey babes, I'm heading out to town!" I say getting their attention and making them all come over to my truck. "Please be careful, you know what, Teeter go with her. If something happens the two of you should be together, not just you alone." Rip says, making Teeter nod in approval. "Yes sir," Teeter says, walking over to the passenger side of my truck. "Thank you, Daddy." I say pulling Rip's collar gently to me so I can kiss him. "Give Teeter some love now," I giggle to Rip, making him chuckle before walking over to Teeter's side of the truck, "Take care of our girl, huh, darlin'," Rip says to Teeter before placing a sweet kiss onto her lips. "Yes, sir. I will." Teeter replies with a sweet smile. Ryan and Colby each kiss me before walking over to do the same to Teeter. We all say our goodbyes and I start the drive out of Yellowstone.