Chapter 14 (Edited)

This was a requested chapter I know it's not exactly a cute or steamy scene but I feel like it's a build-up to the next chapter and I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get this chapter posted I'm not normally this behind on my writing, I honestly moved and the past month or so has been extremely stressful for me but that's over now hopefully my schedule can get back on track! Thank yall for sticking with me and I thank everyone who reads my chapters! VOTE COMMENT and please don't hesitate to comment or DM'ing me some chapter ideas cause this working mama keeps rewatching Yellowstone and my man keeps bugging about it being on repeat and I wanna make this unique! So without further adieu please enjoy <3 

Caroline's POV

~~A few weeks later~~

"Teeter, Ryan, Carter, and Tate load up in the truck," I say with a grin, with my sunglasses perched on the end of my nose. "Where are we going, momma?" Carter asked as he pulled on his coat and boots before heading outside. "I've got some errands to do, so you two boys are going to be Mama's bodyguards," I said, patting Tate on his back gently as he ran out the door, ready to go. "What about us, mama," Teeter said playfully from behind me. "You're just as much their momma as I am, babe," I giggle. "But you two desperately need a date with me," I wink as I hustle over to the driver's seat of the truck. "Nuh-uh, I'm driving. You're the passenger princess, remember?" Ryan says, ushering me to scoot over. "In my truck?" I giggle, shaking my head. "That's right darlin'," Ryan smirked as he hopped into my driver's seat and Teeter hopped in the back with the boys. "Where too first, Momma?" Ryan asked as he started the truck and headed off of the ranch. "Lunch?" I ask Teeter and smile. "Sounds great baby," Teeter smiled and smiled at the boys. I turned and faced Ryan and nodded once. "Lunch," I confirmed with a smile, as Ryan chuckled and nodded. "Anywhere in particular in mind?" He asked with a smile as he skillfully drove towards town. We decided on a home-style cooking restaurant in town and we all sat in the back booth together, looking over the menu. "Hey Ry, what should we get?" Tate asked Ryan, leaning into him and showing him the menu. "I'm gonna get the Ribeye steak because nobody can make country-fried steaks better than Momma," Ryan says, winking at me as I smile. "Ain't that the truth," Tate agrees, looking back over his menu. "I think the fried chicken sounds great," Carter says with a smile. "Good choice baby, what did you want to have with it?" I ask, smiling as he looks back at the menu. "The back bottom corner of the menu has the sides, honey," I say with a smile as he searches the menu and nods when he finds it. "Macaroni and cheese with corn?" Carter asked softly. "You got it, bug," I say with a smile. "Did you figure out what you'd like to eat yet?" Ryan asked Tate as he was still looking at the menu. "I think I'll just have a burger," Tate said after a few moments of pondering the menu. "Want Tater Tots with that Tater Tot?" I asked with a proud smile. Tate smiled wide and nodded happily, "Yes please, Mama!" Tate answered with a chuckle. "Okay baby, anything else?" I ask him with a smile. "No, thanks, that's enough food for me," Tate said politely. "Yes, sir, Mama, what would you like?" I questioned Teeter as the waiter approached and shot me a peculiar look, causing me to roll my eyes and pay him no mind. "I'll have the Ribeye steak, medium, with Mac and cheese and a baked potato," Teeter tells the waiter, who nods and writes it down on his notepad. "I'll have the same thing except I want fries instead of a baked potato," Ryan said, handing his menu over to the waiter, as he wrapped his arm around each of Teeter's and my shoulders. "The boys will have a hamburger with tots and a fried chicken plate with macaroni and cheese with corn. And I'll take the beef stroganoff with Texas toast," I say to the waiter with an attempt at a polite grin. "What, no salad?" The waiter scoffed rudely. "Excuse the hell out of you, I'm not a fucking rabbit, I'm not eating a damn salad," I fired back, not in the mood to be fat-shamed for ordering normal food. "First off, watch your mouth. Don't speak to women like that. And second, I'd suggest you learn how to keep those opinions to yourself next time. Had she wanted a damn salad, she'd have ordered one," Ryan says with his voice low to the waiter, giving him a deadly glare. "I apologize," the waiter said sarcastically with a faint glare before walking away to put our food in.
"Why was he treating you like that, Momma?" Carter asked, glaring at the waiter's back furiously as he hastened away from the table. "I dunno, sweetheart. My guess is he's ignorant," I said, shrugging my shoulders.