Chapter 15 (Edited)

Caroline's POV

"Turn around, baby," Kayce said, his voice husky and deep in my ear, instantly making me swoon and obey as I took his hand securely in mine. "Don't let us fall," Teeter said nervously from beside me as I nodded in agreement. "We wouldn't dream of it, Princess," Ryan comforted Teeter as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. They're so sweet together, I should have noticed this before. "Walk with me, baby," Kayce says sweetly, guiding us to the dirt road. Usually, I'm pretty stable, but being blindfolded on dirt roads seems challenging as I nearly tripped on a rock. "Fucking A," I grumble to myself, shaking my head. Kayce chuckles lightly. "Do you want me to carry you, sweetheart?" Rip asked. I swear I could hear the smirk in his voice. I smile and nod, "Yes, please, Daddy," I say coyly. "You are gonna be the death of me, woman," Rip chuckles as he scoops me up into his arms, bridal style. We walked for a few moments before we finally came to a stop. "I'm gonna put you down, my love. Don't take off the blindfold, til we say okay," Rip instructs, putting me down carefully. "Okay, we won't," I say, biting my lip, waiting impatiently. There was a quick sharp whistle and then music started playing in the background, and quick shuffling. "Ready Mama's?" Ryan asks us excitedly. "Hell yeah," Teeter nods with a smile. "I literally can't wait," I say, clapping excitedly. "Just a few seconds sweetheart, our boys are comin'," Kayce says, kissing my hand. "Okay, darlins, take your blindfold off in 3, 2, okay, take 'em off," Rip says with a smirk. I immediately untied my blindfold and pulled it off my eyes. They couldn't have. They actually did it! "Ya'll did it..." I say staring at the beautifully constructed new house we designed together, "I didn't think it was gonna be ready...." I say with tears in my eyes, "Happy birthday, angels. I know we didn't find out about your birthdays until afterward, but it's better late than never and it's gonna be never late from now on," Jimmy said after rushing over to hug Teeter and me. "Thank you all so much, I love y'all," Teeter said gratefully, tears rolling down her face. "Happy birthday, baby," Kayce said, kissing Teeter's face, and wiping her tears. "I love y'all. Is that why Dad came to get the boys from town?" I asked with a smirk. Ryan nodded and shrugged, "Eh, I guess I can keep a little secret, huh," Ryan smirked and I playfully swatted his chest. "Mmm hmm, good job, big boy, now go get my truck, would ya?" I asked, smiling. "You got it, darlin," Ryan said, jogging back up the road. "How did y'all manage this?" I asked, dumbfounded, as I strolled up the steps to the porch. "We've been up since before dawn making sure that everything was perfect and moved in while y'all were in town," Rip answered as they all followed me up the porch. I slipped off my boots on the porch and gave them all-knowing glances as they all followed suit, removing their dirty boots, before entering the house. 

"Momma!" Carter runs into the foyer, greeting me with a hug. "Hey munchkin, did you have fun with Grandpa and your brother?" I ask, tucking his hair behind his ear with a smile. "Yeah, Grandpa promised to take us on a ride tomorrow morning!" Carter says proudly. "I'm glad baby, thank you for helping daddies do this today," I say, meaning every word. "It was fun, I loved having a part in it!" Carter says sweetly. "I love you, kiddo," I say, kissing his head softly. "I love you too, Momma," Carter says before returning to his bedroom. "What do you think?" John asked from the front door. "Oh, it's so much better than I could have imagined. That's for sure. Thank you for allowing this to happen," I cry out, wrapping my arms around John's neck in a tight embrace. "Anything for you and Teeter, I'm happy to see the happiness written all over your face," John says, holding me tight to his chest. "Hey, darlin, where do you want this?" Ryan asked, holding up the shopping bag with the Playstation 5 in it. "Woah wait a minute. You got a PS5?" Kayce asked, rushing over to us. I wiped my happy tears from my eyes before releasing my arms from around John and turning to face the excited men-children standing in front of me. "Yes, babe, I got us a PlayStation and a remote for everyone," I say, laughing excitedly as Kayce wrapped me in a bear hug. "Thank you. I've been wanting one since they came out," Kayce said excitedly. "Son, you make plenty of money for a game system. Why the hell didn't you just buy the damn thing for yourself if you wanted one?" John asked with a cocked eyebrow. "He's right!" Teeter said with a smile to Kayce. "I dunno. I never thought about it." Kayce shrugged. "Men, I swear," I say playfully, swatting Kayce's arm. "Just set it up in the living room Ry, thanks baby," I directed Ryan to the living room. "Oh, I bought games too," I added with a wink before continuing to walk through the house. I peeked in every room and saw the beauty that endowed our home. I opened the door to the last corner room, on the second floor, and my eyes went wide. Maranda had set up my room beautifully before she and Minnie perched on my bed with a smile. "This is beautiful. Oh my god, bro!" I say, running over and jumping onto the bed. "I had a little help from the guys, but the rest was just me knowing what you like. I helped as much as I could without Teeter and you finding out," Maranda says, gesturing her arm out to the bedroom. "I love it. Thank you for helping them do all this," I say, hugging her tightly. "Oh, this isn't the best part, but it was the least I could do, especially considering everything you've done for me." Maranda said sweetly, shooting me a sincere smile. "I love you Thank you, now walk with me," I said as I pulled her off my bed. Ryan and Kayce were standing upstairs holding Teeter's hands and smiling at us walking out of my room. "I love everything so much, but where are Rip, Jimmy, Ryan, and Colby?" I asked, looking around. "They're out back. Why don't you two come with us," Kayce answered, reaching out for my hand. "Keep Minnie inside. I don't want her to get out and us not know it," I say to Maranda before she nods and pulls the door behind her. We headed back downstairs and out to the double French doors that led to the back deck. "Happy birthday, my loves," Kayce said to us before opening the doors. Oh my God, there are fairy lights strung up beautifully across the deck and a makeshift stage in the back where Walker sat with his guitar. Rip walked over to us and kissed us each delicately. "Happy Birthdays, darlin's," he said sweetly to us. "Thank you so much," we say, smiling widely at the views in front of us. Jimmy then walked over to us with Tate riding piggyback on his back. "Hey angels, happy birthday," Jimmy greeted us both with a sweet kiss. "Thanks, baby," I reply, gently stroking his cheek. "Come with me," Ryan says to Teeter softly, leading the way over to a secluded spot behind the barn.