Chapter 3

I woke up with a pounding headache and pretty much my whole body aching

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I woke up with a pounding headache and pretty much my whole body aching. I groaned and tried rolling over, recalling the events that went down last night.

My eyes shot open, sitting up as fast as I could. The lights were off. Shit. Where am I?

Suddenly, blue LED lights surrounding the perimeter of the ceiling turned on. Then I recognized where I was. It was Noah's room.

"Hey, E, look at me," he said, coming over and sitting at the foot of the bed. "Sh... It's okay. You're safe now," he said, scooting closer and pulling me into an embrace.

I was empty, though. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Laugh? Cry? Cheer with joy? I didn't know.

"How do you feel?" He asked, pulling back.

"Like shit," I grumbled. I then sighed, rubbing my temples. "I really killed them, didn't I?" I mumbled.

"I don't know. Your house was on fire, no sign of Scarlett and Jason," Noah said. "Why was it on fire and what exactly did you do?" He asked.

I didn't feel a particular emotion thinking about them dead. It was just blank. A blank space waiting for anything to pop up in it. "They beat me. Hard..." I sighed. "Then I woke up in my room feeling like I was going to collapse and die at any given moment. Then, I grabbed my knife, stabbed both of them in the stomach, grabbed the alcohol and the lighter and lit the place and them ablaze."

Noah let out a breath. "I didn't tend to your wounds. Only wiped off what was visible. I just didn't know if..." He trailed off but I knew what he was going to say. He didn't know if I'd be comfortable with that, and I respected him for thinking of that.

I gave a soft smile. "Thank you," I said softly, slowly trying to get up.

Noah wrapped his arm around my waist, careful of my ribs. I hissed as he touched the gash that Scarlett gave me. Noah gave me an apologetic look. "What happened, Elara?" He whispered.

I just shook my head. "Please just help me clean up," I muttered. We walked to his bathroom and Noah carefully lifted me up on the counter, grabbing the first aid kit. He usually helped me tend to my wounds after getting a beating. But I never really showed him too much as I never wanted him to worry.

"Are those glass shards?" He asked, referring to the little glass pieces that stuck out from besides my brow, arms and legs.

I sighed. "Yes," I said quietly.

"Jesus, Elara," Noah said. I knew he wasn't aggravated at me. He was aggravated at the two bastards that beat the life out of me.

"Just pluck them out," I said impatiently.

Noah nodded then got to work, plucking the little glass shards from my body. It was a little prick each time which left little bloody spots that would heal pretty quickly. Then, he cleaned the little punctures. "Thank you," I said.