Chapter 12

It's been a few days

It's been a few days. A few agonizing days my brothers forced me to rest. I have to admit, I have been in some pain, but I hate sitting around while the world happened around me.

Now, it is currently almost the weekend. Friday afternoon to be exact. I asked if Noah could come over because it's not my house so I wouldn't bring someone over without asking, but they said no which pissed me off.

I was scrolling on my phone until I got bored and attempted getting up. The pain had subsided quite a bit but right now it flared up a bit, so I need to get pain killers.

My brothers and dad- wait. I don't even know what I consider them. I mean, it's easier to just call them my brothers and dad so that's what we'll go with. Even though I don't trust them that much yet.

Anyway, my brothers and dad said to call them if I needed help or to get pain killers but I was done lying in bed, so I have decided to get it myself. I am in desperate need of a fight or a mission but just haven't found the time for it yet.

Slowly making my way to the door, careful not to bust a stitch under the wraps of the bandages and careful not to hurt my bruised ribs, I opened the door. The bruising on my ribs has gone down a bit which I'm thankful for.

I opened then closed my door, walking out of my room. I don't even know if anyone is home right now. I think Giovanni, Lorenzo and Santino went to 'work'. By work I mean the mafia shit.

I quietly and slowly walked down the stairs until I reach the bottom and walked to the kitchen. I opened the kitchen door and inside sat my three youngest older brothers, Camillo, Alessandro and Fynn much to my dismay.

"Elara!" Alessandro said who was facing me. Camillo's back was towards me in his stool, but he swiveled around once Alessandro announced my presence.

And, surpriser, Fynn just grumbled and walked past me, dodging my shoulder. Camillo got up and walked over towards me, attempting to put and arm out for me but I just side stepped. He dropped his arm against his side.

"What are you doing up? You should've just called one of us," Alessandro said.

"I'm fine," I grumbled with my dry throat, making my way over to the cabinet.

"You were stabbed, E, take it easy. And don't act like you're fine," Camillo said, concern in his eyes as I reached for a glass in the cabinet.

My head snapped to his direction. "Don't call me that," I said. E was what Amina used to call me before she died. Camillo looked at me confused before he just nodded and put his hands in his jean pockets.

I turned back around and walked to the fridge where I filled up a cup of cold water and then turned to grab pain killers. Alessandro had already grabbed them though and he was standing right next to me which surprised me a little because I didn't hear him.