Chapter 9

I wanted to let my anger out

I wanted to let my anger out. I wanted to fight. I needed to feel something. Fynn saying that brought bad memories back in my head and I needed to get rid of them.

I pulled into the garage and quickly got out, slamming the door and putting the keys away. I walked into the house and was glad I didn't see anyone. I ran up the stairs, ignoring my ribs aching pain and shut then locked the door.

I looked for the Apple bag that was placed near my bathroom door and I found the phone. I took it out and saw my brothers contacts were already in. How? I don't know. I didn't question it as I put Noah's number in and texted it.

Elara: hey.

Noah: u got a phone! good job.

Elara: yeah whatever. have you guys moved yet?

Noah: we will be there in a day or two when school starts. sorry xx

Elara: its chill. i want to rip my brothers throat out.

Noah: oh? what happened.

Elara: i saw nicholas. ik, crazy right. anyway, fynn, my second youngest oldest brother said i probably slept with him and was a whore and that i probably got pregnant with him.

Noah: nicholas and also wtf? i will help you rip his throat out. r u okay baby?

Elara: idk. it brought back memories of jason. yk..

Noah: ik baby. i'm so sorry. we'll be there soon and we'll be able to set up a fight. you need rest though.

Elara: ik. i will ttyl striker. love you.

Noah: ttyl. love u too.

I ended the chat with Noah and added Nicholas' contact in for when I need or want to talk to him. I missed their family. After when Amina and I were both thirteen and went on that first mission is when I had to move from LA to Utah. We were skilled and smart, they knew that. That's why we were allowed to go on the mission. But I got her killed.

I sighed. I hated that Jason still had that effect on me. The memories involuntarily flooded my mind from after what Fynn said today.

I came home late again. Noah, Amina, Nicholas and I were all hanging out minutes earlier. Well, Amina sort of dragged Nicholas along. My twelve-year-old self prepared for the beating I was to receive when I walked through that door.

I quietly opened it and closed it, thinking maybe I was going to be safe as the house was dark.

But no. The light turned on and Scarlett and Jason stood there, evil smirks and a glint in their eyes.

My eyes widened. "Where were you?!" Jason boomed, stalking forward and grabbing my arm, yanking me close to him.

"I-I'm sorry, sir," I said.