Chapter 7

I can't believe it

I can't believe it. My sorellina is really home.

(Little sister)

I watched as she walked away, seemingly no care in the world. God, she didn't deserve to be in the mafia life. She had a smart mouth. That's for sure.

Fynn was so mad. I don't know why, though.

"She's not quite how I thought she'd be," Alessandro said.

Eyes snapped up to him. "What do you mean?" Dad asked.

"I mean, she seems so...I don't know. Not as spirited as I thought. Not as bubbly as I thought, either. I'm just so fucking glad she's back," he said.

I nodded. "People change," Lorenzo said.

"I know. I just wonder what life with mom...Scarlett?" Alessandro didn't even know what to call her. "What life was like with her and her stepdad," he finished.

"I think we all do but it's not our place to pry. It could have been great," I said.

"Maybe..." Alessandro muttered.

Soon, we all got up and started heading to our respective rooms. I don't know how much this change is affecting Elara. If it is hard for her, it doesn't show past her wit.

I was walking down the hallway to my room when I was pushed up against a wall, arm against my throat as I stared up at my older brother

I was walking down the hallway to my room when I was pushed up against a wall, arm against my throat as I stared up at my older brother. Fynn.

He had a firm press against me as I glared up at him. "Get off me," I said lowly.

He tsked. "You have no right to waltz in here and play the little sister role while you were living a great little life back wherever you were while my family was searching for you," he said. I don't know why, but it kind of pinged my heart when he emphasized my.

I kneed him in the gut, causing him to stagger back and slightly double over. "I said get off me," I said, walking up to him. "And you don't know shit about my life so shut the fuck up," I said before turning on my heels and continuing to my room.

Pain killers were much needed right now. And I needed to soon buy a new phone.

I walked into my room and shut and locked the door behind me. I then went into my closet and got into my suitcase that I hadn't unpacked. I grabbed painkillers out of the little pouch and grabbed sweats and a sweatshirt.