Chapter 8

We walked to the garage which they led me to

We walked to the garage which they led me to. When we entered, I announced, "I'm driving."

"What- no you're not. I am," Camillo whined.

"I'm taking my own car," Fynn grumbled, grabbing keys.

I raised my eyebrow, challenging Camillo. "Fine. But I get to drive on the way back," he said.

"What about me?" Alessandro asked.

I shrugged. "You two figure it out. I need to get my babies here," I sighed wistfully.

"YOU'RE A MOM?!" Alessandro shouted.

Fynn turned and stopped walking.

"What?! No! I mean my car and my bike," I said.

"Ohhhh," Alessandro dragged the word, letting the information sink in. How was I younger than him? Camillo chuckled and Fynn just rolled his eyes and got to his car.

I grabbed a random key from the rack and unlocked the car. It was near the middle of the line of cars. As I walked to the car, I saw it was a BMW M8. "Who's riding with me?" I smirked.

This was as close as my emotions would let off. But I didn't mind much as long as I didn't get too attached.

Fynn pulled out of his parking spot and came up next to me. "How about we race?" He asked with a smirk. Oh, he expected me to lose.

I smirked back. "Game on," I said.

"Someone ride with me, someone else ride with Fynn," I said.

Alessandro jumped into the car I got. Camillo went into the passenger side of Fynn's.

I got in the drivers side of the BMW and adjusted everything to my feel. I followed Fynn out to the gates where we were let out. Both of us line up on the road, side by side.

I was on the right, Fynn on the left. This road wasn't a very populated one, but the main city road would be. That's why I looked at the side roads to take on the screen in here. And there was a traffic delay on the main roads.

I rolled down my window, Fynn rolling down the passenger window of his car. He looked past Camillo to me. I could sense the cockiness off of him. I internally scoffed. He didn't know what was coming from him.

"Are you sure about this?" Camillo asked me over the roar of our engines.

"I'm perfectly sure," I said.

Camillo began counting down from ten as I gripped my steering wheel. I suddenly felt a giddy feeling of the longing I had for racing and the adrenaline rush.

"Three, two, one, GO!" Camillo shouted.

I didn't waste time as I sped off. Alessandro launched back in his seat. "Jesus, Elara!" He yelled. "Don't fucking crash!" He said as he gripped the handle of the car door.