- 08

✮ ✮ ✮

ARE YOU JEALOUS?

SHE HATED HER JOB, despised it.
Though who could ever get by with working at an instrument shop?

Sobbing was her least favorite, yet she found herself doing so at a random curb. Hiding her face in her jacket as she hugged her knees tight to her stomach, shivering against the icy December wind.

The bad encounter at the club didn't affect her at first, giving it some thought, she let it get to her head.
Surely she was overreacting, but a creep could only rattle her so many times before she cracked.

Taking a deep breath, she shuddered, even her sighs were shaky.

Holding her head in her hands, a sigh turned into a groan, which almost turned into a scream of frustration before a set of footsteps appeared behind her.

Assuming it was another pedestrian, she ignored it.
"[Y/N]?"

Shit.

"What do you want—" She turned around, her eyes widening, "Tom?"

Tom smiled, tilting his head when he saw her expression, "You okay?" He asked, his hands in his pockets.
[Y/N] glared at him, turning back around.

"Okay.." He muttered.

He shuffled around awkwardly before sighing, sitting down on the curb.
He didn't know what to do, truth be told he'd hardly ever experienced an emotional encounter such as this one.

In short, he was just as stuck as [Y/N] was.

"You aren't very good at this." She said quietly, laughing a little through her sniffling.
Tom laughed along with her, "I never deal with.." He did a crying motion, "That."

He sat in silence, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," [Y/N] replied, finally turning to face him. "How'd you find me anyway?"

Tom looked at her, her face was flushed, eyes puffy and cheeks glistening with tears.
She was definitely a pretty cryer.

"I followed you?" He said, smiling nervously. [Y/N] rolled her eyes.
They sat in silence again, this time the silence was much more comfortable.

Though it was a little skeptical on her end, as to why he was even there.
Why did he care so much?

Shifting in his place, Tom flipped his braids over his shoulder, readjusting his headband.
"Hungry?" He finally asked, breaking the silence.

[Y/N] looked at him once more, a confused look on her face.
Tom nudges his head forward, to which she followed with her gaze.

"Not a fan of hotdogs." She replied.
Tom got up, dusting off the back of his pants and shirt before offering his hand.

"We'll get burgers then."

Walking into the burger joint was a little awkward, a celebrity and a stripper, both dressed accordingly.
Though it being 2 in the morning, very few eyes if not none were on them.