Interlude - Being Dream, My 'Home'

Dokja read about his 'home' again.

.
.
.

20-year-old Kim Dokja tried to wipe off the blood running from his nose. His eyes drooped, looking at the collection of books laid out across on his desk. Alone the thought of the CTSA test almost made his go crazy.

Although this desperate fits of studying had somewhat taken his mind off the bullying and pursuing reporters, he was still exhausted.

Deciding to take a break now, the precocious teenager picked up his flip phone, to check for updates on his favorite novel. A smile began to bloom on the dark-haired figure's face when he saw that a new chapter had been published.

Especially because... there was a paragraph about Hanibaram!

It had been a year since the character's appearance, and only 6 chapters had described or featured Hanibaram following that. This was something that disappointed Kim Dokja greatly.

Slowly and solemnly, Dokja began to read while enjoying every second of it.

[.... Yoo Jonghyuk met the red-haired man again after his 78th regression. This time it happened after Lee Jihye had been flung away from him, Lee Hyunsung was seriously injured and Kim Namwoon already unconscious. Together with Lee Seolwa not far away, they saw the heart of nature, Hanibaram walking towards them slowly.

The atmosphere instantly calmed down. The disaster from Main Scenario #23 this time came with its monster and did not even flinch. It was as if time had stopped because of the presence of the man with the smell of nature.

"Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi." A soft voice, which he hadn't heard in decades of regression, rang out.

It made something in his heart swell up, various feelings surging, the urge to complain, to lean back, cry, scream, and-.

"It's alright," murmured the owner of those jeweled reddish-brown eyes. A small grin appeared on his face, making the few onlookers gasp.

"You can rest. I'll finish the rest." A pale, frail hand patted Yoo Jonghyuk's head twice before the man turned to face the Disaster.

At a glance, they saw that there was a sad expression on Hanibaram's beautiful face. His eyes twinkled sympathetically at the Disaster who was now screaming in pain behind his monsters, due to Dokkaebi's character imposition.

"I will release you from the pain." Hands facing forward- ]

Dokja's reading stopped for a moment, to grasp his beating heart.

[ Then, the rumbling of nature's fury could be heard. Everyone watched as spears formed from the ground, the sky began to cloud over with the sound of lightning, the wind began to pick up, the water seemed to stop in time, and the wooden flares began to rise from the ground.

Had Yoo Jonghyuk ever mentioned how incredible Hanibaram was?

"Everyone..." Reddish-brown eyes stared calmly.

"...attack." A brutal attack came facing the monster.

Water that turned into bullets and tsunamis, earthen spears that hardened and sharpened, skies that sent down rose lightning, and wooden roots that firmly held the bodies of Class 16 monsters still.

And in just an instant, the monster was destroyed. Its body sprawled forward, leaving behind the Disaster who now looked at Hanibaram with a terrified face.