#17 - All is Fair in Love and War

[The Constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' saying that the two Incarnations are fighting for 'friendly love' is thrilling!]

[5000 coins sponsored!]

[The Constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' tapped his chin in confusion and said-]

[Is this called 'all is fair in love and war'?]

.
.
.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has been waiting, visiting, liking, commenting and LOVING this story! 🥺🙏🌻💛✨
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW for more notifications! ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)

I hope you like this chapter. Sorry for any shortcomings and if I ramble too much 🙏✨
Happy reading and PLEASE read the IMPORTANT NOTES at the end of this chapter!

(Word : 11k)

[Kim Dokja's POV]

[Kim Dokja's POV]

The euphoria of defeating the Lesser Dragon Igneel was still present. The 28-year-old man tried to calm his breathing while sheathing his sword. Feeling damp hair blocking his view, Dokja pushed it aside with his right hand.

Surprisingly, even though he was sweating from heat and exhaustion, the gray robe Cale had given him did not feel hot. Instead, it felt like it was anti-heat or cold?

Starry black eyes flickered with curiosity. Where did Cale get a robe or outfit this good? Dokja remembered that the scenario was not even a month old.

If he asks Cale this...

When he turned his gaze, the black-haired man froze. His eyes widened at the redhead's expression toward him.

Instantly, guilt engulfed his heart. That the expression of pain, disbelief and relief etched on Cale's face was caused by his actions. However, on the other hand, there was a small part of him glad that Cale reacted so because of him.

Dokja slapped himself mentally.

Why should he be happy anyway ?

He should apologize for making Cale see that sight.

The sight of him burning alive... damn it.

Dokkaebi, who appeared to announce the prize, was not spared a single glance from Dokha. His mind was still clouded with guilt.

Hyunsung and Heewon could still be fooled because they were standing far away from him. But not Cale. The younger man stood 5 meters away from him, seeing the whole scene firsthand.

"Ugh." The bruises on his body started acting up.

"Dokja-hyungnim," Cale exclaimed with a gasp, an expression of well-hidden worry. Reddish-brown eyes shone with emotions and glazed over with unshed tears. He took in every inch of Dokja's body carefully.