3

"YOU SHOULD JOIN THE TEAM

"YOU SHOULD JOIN THE TEAM."

Your mother told you while you were eating breakfast before school.

"Become the manager of the volleyball team. Amane told me how poor kuroo was trying to recruit someone."

"Maybe..if I don't like the other clubs I will." You negotiated. She shook her head but moved past it.

"Also, im going to be gone next friday. I have a little trip planned with your father." It was kind of an early notice. You would never remember that.

Today was Tuesday.

"Mom, can you remind me next week?" You sipped your soup. It was fine. Nothing new and instead you got the house to yourself. That also meant no curfew.

"No write it on your calendar. Oh, and I asked kuroo to stay and watch you that day." She briefly added, causing you to choke.

You barely knew him and he got on your nerves pretty easily. "Mom, I'm almost 18. I think I'll be fine. I don't need to be babysat."

"Nice try. I know you're gonna try and come home later. Or blast music, or god knows what."

You scoffed. "So you're making kuroo babysit me?"

She nodded. "I trust him. Now head to school before you're late."

______________

"Morning." Kuroo greeted you, taking a seat while drinking whatever the hell he was drinking.

"Good morning." You replied.

Keeping the responses and conversations dry were only natural. It was a bit awkward. You guys weren't really friends but your moms are but then again you guys were friends because of yesterday.

"Oh, uh...here." You handed him his shirt. He raised his eyebrows. "Oh right, thanks y/n." His big hands brushed yours as he grabbed it.

His hands are big.

"Why are your hands so cold?" You questioned.

"Drink came straight from the vending machine." He got comfortable in his seat. "I hope you're considering becoming manager."

You froze.

"Hey, don't ignore me. Oh! I almost forgot to ask—"

"Kuroo!" The teacher called.

He stopped talking almost immediately and composed himself.

"You almost got me in trouble." He whispered.

" That was alll you."

"Alright class, now take out your homework assignments. Remember these are in preparation of our project soon."

"Kuroo, wanna work together?"

His eyes gleamed. "Aw, I'm honored you thought of me first—"

"You're the only one I know here." You burst his bubble.

"Is it a crime to be happy?"

"Y/n and kuroo. You two are on cleaning duties this week." The home room teacher said. You two immediately faced forward.

"And stop. The chitchat." She added.

" it's always you" you whispered, not even sparing him a glance.

"Just like the old days."

During lunch, kuroo followed you around.

"Oh my god. Why are you everywhere I go?"

He was about to answer, but stopped. Second guessing his words, he just grabbed you by the arm. "Cmon, I wanna show you somewhere nice to eat."

He covered your eyes. Oddly, you agreed to all this.

"Hey! I can't see. You have to tell me if something's in front of me."

"Duh."

You walked a bit slow, trying to beware of what's in front do you.

"Okay, this is a staircase. And....stop! Now walk up the step like you normally would."

You did as he said and just began walking up the stairs because of muscle memory while also holding onto the railing. He was still covering your eyes. His hands were big.

"Careful!"

The railing ended and you almost tripped, but kuroo grabbed you by the waist, freeing an eye.

"Oh, well we're already here so whatever."

You were let go from his grasp and opened the door to see the nice rooftop. Since your school was in Tokyo, you enjoyed the view. Besides the fences covering all around.

"Pretty, right? I eat here with kenma sometimes."

"Oh my god. Its amazing. They don't have alarms?" You asked. He shook his head.

"They do, but they turn it off during lunch. Pretty stupid. We're not Suppsoed to be here but Plenty of students come here from time to time. I guess not today because there's a student council meeting—"

"Shhh, do you hear that?" You hit him lightly on the shoulder.

"Huh? Hear what??"

"Someone's coming." Your adrenaline was rushing and you panicked. His eyes widened and he grabbed your hand. "Hide here." He then ran away.

"Wait!" You covered your mouth, worried where he was going and if you'd be safe.

He moved to another hiding spot, because the crevice you were in was too tight for the both of you.

Two staff members walked out and shared a smoke, talking about their day. They were bound to leave soon.

Thank god.