8

"Y/n~"

"Y/n~"

You were outside getting water from the fountain for the volleyball team. Knowing you had volleyball practice tomorrow, you'd be coming back to this same gym.

You sighed as you reentered with all the bottles. Just then, a ball came flying your way and hit you smack in the face, forcing you to let go of the bottles. All the water spilt from the pressure. You instantly held your nose.

"Y/N! I'm so sorry!" Yamamoto yelled, running up to you.

The team surrounded you in awe. "That definitely hurt..." Kai said.

You pinched your nose as your eyes were watering up. All you could say was "goddamn."

"Oh...y/n your nose.." Kuroo reached into the gym shorts he had on, grabbing tissues. You felt a liquid drip from your nose and looking at your fingers revealed the dark red color.

"Alright everyone, get back to practicing! Kuroo will handle this." Coach nekomata yelled. Everyone responded back to their positions except for the black haired boy.

"Here." He placed his hand behind gently your head and covered your nose with tissues. "Lean your head back for now, so it doesn't drip to your clothes.

"It may be too late." You laughed and he started chuckling. "Cmon, stop moving."

"I am!"

"No you're not, you're gonna start dripping again." You dodged his arms as you held the tissue to your nose.

Once you used your hand to press the tissues onto your nose, you sat out with Kuroo.

"I will say, the nosebleed makes you badass."

You gave him an unconvinced look. "Really? I feel stupid. I dropped all the water and my nose bled."

"To be fair, Yamamoto's spike was hard. I heard the sound and would not have liked to be in your place. You might need an ice pack soon."

"Thanks, tetsurou." You sarcastically said.

"By the way, I saw what you got on the recent chemistry test." You flinched. It wasn't the best grade, but it was an 85.

"Want me to tutor you?"

"What did you get?" You asked.

"100." He sneered. "Okay don't give me that look." He noticed your popping blood vessel.

"You're trying to rub it in!"

"Am not!"

____________

Kuroo had waited for you after your volleyball practice.

"Y/n, let's go home." He was waiting outside of the school building, on his phone leaning against some sort of pillar.

"Okay, okay. Bye!" You waved to your other friend, grabbing your bag and leaving. Ever since the incident on Friday, kuroo walked you home and you two never mentioned what happened that day to your mother.

"Y/n, you seem a bit down." Kuroo observed.

You tilted your head, debating if you wanted to tell Kuroo this embarrassing story.

"Remember the guy who asked to go out? He ghosted me." You sighed. "I didn't know why but he won't respond, you know?"

Kuroo's lips separated as he tried to find the words.

"Y/n, I just want you to know he's not good for you. He's a dick."

"You know him?"

"Yeah. I remember him from last year. One of the guys who picked on kenma during practice. You could do better."

"Thanks.....I guess." It was a shame that the only dude who asked you out was also a dick. But it made you wonder if kuroo had anything to do with it.

If you had asked, Kuroo would've told you. Kuroo couldn't lie to you. He did in fact, threaten the boy that if he did something shitty he'd chop off his dick.

"You must be hungry, let's take a detour."

Kuroo guided you to a nearby convenient store.

"Pick out what you want."

"Really?" Your eyes gleamed. Your heart and your stomach couldn't say no to free food. Especially if it was from Kuroo.

Kuroo walked around the store, and you two deviated aisles.

As you bent over slightly to look at the snacks, you felt the same eerie vibe you felt a long time ago near the door of the store.

It has to be Kuroo just lurking.

You quickly got over Friday and knew that your father would never be able to find you. But now you had other things to worry about.

"It feels like someone's watching."

"What was that?" You jumped at such sudden noise but it was just Kuroo.

"Oh, it's you. God, you scared me."

"Did you pick something out?"

"Yeah." You picked out the (food) and Kuroo brought it up the register. "I got you something extra." He smiled. It was a carton of banana milk. He noticed you didn't hear him, so he pressed the cold milk against your neck.

"Oh, thanks."

"Is something else on your mind or is this about the boy again?"

You rolled your eyes. "I just have a lot of exams, okay."

"I can help you study for them. Your mom loves me."

"Yes, she does."

Kuroo had dropped you off right in front of your house that day, making you feel extremely secure. But you couldn't brush off that creepy feeling.

"I need to resolve it so I can start going home alone again." You picked up the mail right at your door and walked upstairs to your room.

Life was turning up. You were planning to go buy pet supplies for your cat that you had recently adopted.