6 KUROO POV

'Take care of yourself'

Wow. Kuroo was a total softie at heart and it showed that all he did was care for you. I guess he did care. You ate the food with a happy heart.

. . .

The next morning, your mother called you down and told you to walk to school.

"That's a 20 minute walk, though!"

"You can do it, you walk 13 minutes to the gym every week suck it up."

"But like why?!"

"Morning!"

You froze completely, turning around slowly.

Don't tell me.

"Kuroo?! What are you doing here?" He waved. "Let's go to school together."

"If we take the train."

"Y/n, we're volleyball players we need to get that cardio."

"Ugh....did my mom put you up to this?" You turned around and accused her.

"If I didn't want to, I wouldn't have even if she asked me, y/n." He corrected you.

. . .

[KUROO POV]

So many things have been on my mind ever since y/n and I have reunited. I've been waiting for this day since I was 8.

I wrote her a letter when we moved but I don't know if she still has it. Maybe it's stupid, but that day when we got to play together, it was one of the best days I've lived through.

We listened to songs together, played just dance, and video games. I even played volleyball with her. All that in 8 hours but I truly enjoyed every single second of it.

When I moved to Tokyo, I met kenma though and quickly forgot about it.

TIL my mom told me this summer y/n would be here.

It was fun poking her around just as I remembered.

"So, we have a practice match today afterschool with karasuno. Better be there!" I referenced the time she talked to yachi all day outside of the gym. Chatter box.

I was satisfied with how close she got to the volleyball team even while having to play her own games.

"I will. Don't you worry."

I sneered at her reaction. I loved bothering her. Every ounce of energy she poured into her response intrigued me and motivated me to keep it going.

"Feel better?"

She smiled. "Yeah, I do. Thanks for the food."

"Told you id buy you something." I was delighted to see the faint blush on her cheeks. It must've really touched her heart

I wasn't too upset when she didn't recognize me on the first day of school. My mother told me she was going through a tough parental divorce when I met her, so I understand if it's something she paid little attention to.

A brief moment of silence passed before a boy came up to y/n. He was in class 3-3. I remembered him.

"H-hey...you're y/n, right?"

"Yeah." She nodded, leaning forward on her desk. My eye began to twitch as I watched this interaction. I wanted to let her have her own life and things, but really? This guy? She wouldn't say yes, right? And why is she leaning forward. I kept on a smile so that they wouldn't be able to tell I'm glaring at them.

"Are you busy this Friday? I was wondering if you wanted to hang out."

My once smug grin turned into a deadpan. I wanted to feel proud that other people recognized y/n. But, another part of me felt hesitant. I HATED this guys guts. He was one of the guys who picked on kenma before.

Y/n's mom wants me to protect her, so that's what I'll do.

"Sorry, I have something on Friday, maybe another time?"

Another time? Is she serious? I'm not jealous, but I don't want her dating some douche.

"Yeah sure, here's my number." The boy was decently attractive. Curly blonde hair, brown eyes, round glasses, tall frame and strong jawline. I was almost jealous.

To hide or to protect you, y/n?

Not hiding as in anything illegal. Had to clarify. Is this what people call an obsession? I'm not obsessed. I just want to protect her, be by her side.

Another time?

Once the boy left, i cleared my throat. "What a shame you're stuck at home with me on Friday." I smiled, seeing the change of emotions on her face.

"Oh whatever. I'll just go another day."

"Seriously? You could do better."

. . .

Friday was just around the corner.

During my game, I realized I wasn't doing so well. Even kenma asked me what was up. But y/n cheered us on and brought us water. Even though she really didn't want to do this job, she was great.

When the whistle blew and it was the end of the first set, y/n came up to me handing a towel. Well, she gave a towel to everyone.

"So y/n, when's your volleyball game?" I asked as I drank a bunch of water. I didn't break eye contact with her. It's always just been a habit of mine.

"Monday. Why?"

"Because I'm planning to go."

"What?!"

"Not the reaction I was expecting." I wiped my mouth. To be honest, I thought she'd be a little excited.

Well, whether she didn't like it or not id be there.

"Worry about your own games Kuroo, don't be nervous now that I'm watching." She grinned widely. I rolled my eyes.

"0h please. I'll show you."

[END OF HIS POV]

"Y/n." The coach called.

You jogged up to him just for him to request a drink from the vending machine. "Sure thing."
You expected equipment or drinks but not a silly errand to the vending machine.

"Excuse me." You patiently waited for the figure dressed in dark colors to move. He nodded, moving back. He already had his drink, so you knew he was just loitering.

He looked young.

When you bent down a bit to grab the drink, you felt uncomfortable. The unknown figure had an eerie presence. You turned around, about to ask if he went to nekoma, but the figure was gone.

Maybe it was some spy from another school.

"Odd."