9

During volleyball practice, you could only think about being home alone for an entire week, since your mother had to travel for her job

During volleyball practice, you could only think about being home alone for an entire week, since your mother had to travel for her job. It would just be you and your cat.

This exciting fantasy would have to wait for a few days. Your mom was still home.

And probably Kuroo since your mom would never let you live a day without supervision.

After practice, you went into the locker rooms to change with your teammates. One of them being your classmate and best friend.

"Hey, y/n. Guess what." She tapped you on the shoulder.

"What?"

"I talked to hayato, the guy who asked you out. He told me that Kuroo threatened him."

"What?"

"He threatened him? From you know, asking you out—"

She stopped talking as she noticed your expression changed. You looked like a ticking bomb so she stepped away.

You stormed outside of school, knowing Kuroo would be waiting for you by the gate but he wasn't there.

"Whatever, I'm leaving first."

It was like a 20 minute walk, but you wanted to let out the steam with some cardio, so you didn't mind.

"So when I asked him, he decided not to fess up." You talked to yourself, turning around.

You didn't feel followed, but you were paranoid someone was there. So you continued to speed walk home alone, with only a few things on your mind.

Then, the feeling of someone tailing behind you crept on you. They were fast, their footsteps got louder and your heartbeat got faster. Usually you didn't mind someone behind you speeding up, but your gut was telling you something else was going on. They were trying to catch up to you.

You made a hard turn detour, but so did they.

It triggered your fight or flight so you began to sprint.

It must be the person that I think is watching me.

Then they grabbed your shoulder and spun you around.

"Y/n,"

"Tetsurou?!" You felt your body relax and you no longer felt that adrenaline rush. "It was you?"

"Yes, you left without me! At first I was only watching you because you must've left me for a reason but you looked really upset—"

"Well maybe because you lied to me?"

"Oh, that. I technically didn't lie to you, I would've told you if you asked." He read your mind.

"Oh my god." You just rolled your eyes, continuing to walk. Unbelievable.

"stalker! You were probably watching me since I moved here." You assumed.

"What? Okay if you want the truth, then yes. But only in the beginning." You scoffed at his response.

"So it was you all along."

"I guess? I'm sorry, y/n. We weren't very close at the time."

"But I wouldn't have shut you down if you just asked me beforehand. I just didn't want you to do things because my mom asked you to. Also it's creepy do you have any idea how scared I was?" You explained.

"You didn't even notice!"

"Yes I did! I turned around." You facepalmed yourself. Was he even listening?

He wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "I'm sorry, forgive me? I'll make it up to you, I promise. And I won't do it again."

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes.

You arrived home, jumping onto your bed. Just when you glanced at your window, you noticed Kuroo waving.

"He's still here?" You opened the window and yelled at him to go home. "We have school tomorrow, moron."

Maybe you forgave him too easily, but you knew that if we truly was your stalker, he wouldn't have admitted to watching or following you. Plus he's saved you a couple of times.

"Okay I will!" He cupped his mouth from both sides. "Just had to make sure you weren't dying."

You glared at him. "If you weren't down there I'd kick you in the balls right now."

He shrieked. "So unnecessary! Call me if you need me."

The singular envelope that you received caught your attention and you realized you never opened it.

But once you did, your face turned pale and you felt paranoid once again.

There were photos. Photos taken when you were eating at school, with friends, walking home and even at volleyball practice.

And the locker rooms.

"Oh my god." You almost lost it.

You weren't sure what to do with the photos, but it was from someone at your school. It had to be. So you called Kuroo and he surprisingly immediately came over. Of course your mom didn't care.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He asked, leaning towards you while looking down. Kuroo had both hands on your shoulders.

You ignored his eye contact and removed his hands from your shoulders. "Im fine, I just need to know who this is. And why."

Because it was probably the same person you saw at the vending machine.

"Let's just give these to the principal—"

"What is he gonna do? We don't even have a culprit. They're not gonna send body guards." You sighed. If they increased their security even more, you knew they'd become 10x more strict than the school already is.

"You're right. Do you wanna catch him?" He sat next to you on your bed, close enough that your arms were colliding with eachother.

"I always thought I hallucinated someone behind me but i guess there really is a stalker."

"Wait, someone has been following you?" His eyes bore with seriousness. His face tensed up and he looked away deep in thought.

"I think? I mean how do you even catch a stalker?"

"I mean maybe we can stalk the stalker."

You stared at eachother for 3 seconds, then burst into laughter because of his stupid idea.

"You're so unserious."

"No, I think you're the unserious one right now."

You continued laughing at him, finding it strange him of all people didn't crack at the joke. Not that it had a punch line, you just thought his idea was too stupid to not be a joke.

You poked at his cheeks and face, laughing at him as his lips didn't even curl to form a smile.

Kuroo grabbed your wrists, smiling in annoyance. "Stop it."

You secretly enjoyed this side of him, all annoyed and serious but he attempted to cover it up with a smile.

"You know, how come you're helping me all the time?" You asked him, breaking free from his grasp.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, you didn't have to come here at this time or walk me to school or anything. Or even drop by my window when I'm sick."

Kuroo looked up trying to find the right words. "I think you know the answer to that."