5

A new week of school had begun, and it was the week your mother would go on vacation with your father

Hopefully you'd be left alone more to do your own things and catch up with old friends. But of course, it did not go your way.

"Achoo." You sneezed into your elbow. "Crap. I might be sick." This was the second day you've been sneezing.

"Y/n, can you help clean up the gym before I leave?" Practice was over and Kuroo was putting away the balls while Kenma and fukunaga were mopping. All you had to do was clean up other stuff to wait for him.

"And wait for you?? No. I'm already done. And I want to go home I keep sneezing."

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes, wait for me. If you do I'll get you something." He walked over to you, reminding you how much taller he was. You looked at him directly in the eye, not inching away. It was a habit of his to lean into whoever he talks to.

"No. I told you I'm sick."

"And I told you I'll get something for you."

You sarcastically jumped for joy. "No."

"Why?"

"Because I have things to do at home?"

"Nope."

"What do you mean nope? Im going home." You turned around and quickly left the gym before he could say anything.

"She's so stubborn." Kuroo sighed. Kenma looked puzzled. "Why do you need her to wait for you? Just let her be. You're probably pissing her off trailing like a dog."

"Gasp. Uncalled for Kenma." Kuroo wiped away a fake tear before regaining his composure.

"Well, her mom asked me a few days ago maybe?"

"Asked you?" Kenma continued mopping, losing interest.

"She gave me full permission to do as I please." Kuroo whispered to himself.

༻❁ཻུ۪۪ ༺
[before]

"Tetsurou~ y/n stay up there!" Your mother yelled. Kuroo came down the stairs quickly, impressing your mom because of how well mannered he was. He was tall, muscular and smart. He checked all the 'requirements' she had made in her head.

"Yes Ms. L/n? What do you need?" He fixed his hair with both hands. "If it's related to y/n I'm sure I can do anything."

"Great! I was wondering if you could look after her."

Oh? "What do you mean? She seems capable on her own." I did say I could do anything, but I have other things I need to focus on.

"Well...I'm just worried about her. She's always been a bit rebellious. And potentially stubborn. I'd like if you kept her in check, made sure she didn't do anything crazy, and most importantly make sure she doesn't get hurt. You can do as you please to do this, but please just watch over her for me."

Wow, she's really worried I guess. Kuroo was completely puzzled on why your mother was so strict but she must have her reasons.

"Anything I please?"

"Yes, walk home with her, force her to clubs, whatever. I trust you and I know you were raised well!" She cheered.

[present time]

After your 10 minute train ride, you began to walk home, passing by Kuroos house. You subtly stuck the middle finger at the house while walking by, thinking of Kuroo.

"Ugh. First he bothers me, then my mom likes him, and now he's following me. AND he wants me to wait for him."

You walked down the quiet road with cozy looking houses and the nice sight of your drive way just 4 blocks away.

Then, you felt a sudden shift in the air. It was like a presence was behind you.

You turned around quick, so that they had no time to hide like last time.

"Who is there??" You mumbled to yourself, not really wanting an answer back.

Scanning the perimeter, you heard and saw nothing.

"Am I going crazy?" You said before making a run for it. You sprinted. Maybe ghosts were real and maybe you imagined things, but today was not the day to find out.

The house was empty when you returned and you made sure to slam the door shut. Leaning your back against the door, you slid down huffing for air.

That was exhausting.

Then, you got a notification.

༻❁ཻུ۪۪ ༺
kuroo

open the window to your
room :)

piss off ☺️

it's okay just say you
can't open the window

You're right man :((

I can't open it so I guess
you'll have to go!!

c u tmr

alright I guess I'll just throw
some rocks

you wouldn't.

my moms gonna kill u
and you'll gladly have to stay
away from me !! Sounds like a
plan

kys

who's gonna snitch

u? Oh please

Unless u want her knowing
u skipped your volleyball
practice, don't try it

bro my friend needed me

And I just need u to open a window

______

You rolled your eyes and headed upstairs, mumbling.

"Obviously I can open a window who does he think he is, he's just trying to provoke me and I can't believe he would tell her that how did he even find out?? I HATE him."

You opened the window, sticking your upper body out to find kuroo at the sidewalk.

"What do you w— OH MY GOD." You caught what kuroo tossed at you quickly. Because of his strength, it basically came at you with a lot of force. If you didn't catch it, it would've hit you right in the nose.

"Can I get a warning next time? What is this."

"Just open it. I'm going now!" He began walking away still waving at you.

You shut the window closed and quickly opened the bag. It was a bunch of food from the convenient store. Onigiri, a drink and a sandwich.

You grabbed the sandwich and turned it over, finding a note. Before you knew it, a smile crept up your lips.

'Take care of yourself'