chapter 14 : the slumber party (part 2)

Emu pov :

Nene helped me finish the cupcakes as soon as Rui and Tsukasa left the room, I didn't pay any mind to it!

Half an hour later, I went into Tsukasa's room. He looked terrible..

"Tsu-kun.. Are you okay...?" I asked, hoping for an answer.

"H-hm.. E-emu.. O-oh.. Yeah, I'm fine..!" He was obviously lying, I've been friends with him and Ena since elementary!

"Don't lie to me.!" I wanted the truth more than anything! He cannot lie to me!

"I'm not..! It's just a cold..!"

"Don't seem like it. Are you in love because your face is red!"

Tsukasa seemed taken back a little, like he was purposely hiding something!!

I left his room, leaving him be.

-----------------------------------------------
Rui : mafu!! We've got bigger problems! I just texted Mon and she said she wants to REMARRY!!

mafuyu : WHAT?! we gotta do something!! I love going over to dad's house on weekends!

Rui : same! If she remarries, we won't be able to go to dad's ever again!!

Mafu : sorry Rui, I have to go.. Bye, love you!

Rui : love you too, mafu!
-----------------------------------------------

"Rui, your mom is remarrying?!" Nene yelled, I heard here from tsukasa's bedroom.

"Yes... Me and mafuyu want to stop this but we can't do anything!" Rui responded, in dread obviously.

I wanted to help as well but I'm 'too young.' How rude!

Rui sat down on the couch, looking miserable.

Tsukasa was hiding his feelings from me, nene was feeling helpless and Rui can't help his family...

Why can't they just be happy?

Later, we went to Tsukasa's bedroom and played some games. Tsukasa seemed better, he was participating in the games. Why was this all happening..?

"Let's all play truth or dare...?" I asked, trying to lighten the room. They all looked at me, then smiled.

"I guess it's a hard time for all of us, let's do it!" Nene said, agreeing with my idea.

We were all having fun, like they forgot about their problems.