Freefall

(Cover by ohitsujiza2.0 on insta)

You were peacefully swinging from building to building to clear your mind, thinking about your past. You where a scientist working at Alchemax. You were young and careless, so you used yourself as a test subject often. Your blood got mixed with many many chemicals and dna variants. You were mainly used to test with your sections main focus, The spider. You were like a ticking human time bomb, waiting to go off. Until you did. The incident happened, a leak causing a radioactive serum producing machine to explode. The explosion triggered the spider dna that was mixed with your own to activate and it was put into motion. You were knocked out from the blast, and was the only one to survive out of the people in the building. You woke up under rumble, confused and with new found abilities. And now your here, your earths one and only Spider-man. It happened when you were 16, your 22 now. You've been New Yorks protector for a whole 6 years, time flys by fast hmm?

As you swing, you feel a tingle at the back of your skull, causing you to look up right before a massive wormhole opens. People below panic and run away, but they don't see a blue and red figure fall from the sky. Your eyes opened wide as you sling shot yourself forward, catching the person and landing safely on a building, their arm around your neck and yours around their waist for support. You sighed. Out of anyone it was him. Miguel O'Hara. Falling out of the sky like he owned the place, but when you stop and get a good look at him your eyes widen. He is covered head to toe in blood and his suit is gashed open in many places. And to top it off, he was unconscious. You immediately scooped him up and started swinging towards your apartment. It probably was a funny sight to see, given that the other is about double your size, you never would have been able to carry him if it wasn't for your spider strength, give and take your lean muscles. You landed on the fire escape and went in though your bedroom widow, placing the other on your bed. You removed his mask so he could breath easier. God. He was hot. Not that you didn't know that already. Your third year is when you first met him, he came recruiting you for his so called 'arachnid humanoid poly verse' situation, or whatever he says in his big speeches about the different universes. You look down at him, his eyes are tightly closed and he looks like he is in pain... he looks.. venerable. Something you have never seen him before. You walk out of the room to grab supplies, coming back and cleaning his wounds. You found he has a large, deep, gash across his chest, and he has many cuts and bruises everywhere else. You finish cleaning him off and stitch up his chest, patching up the rest of his wounds. You sit there next to him for a few hours, reading a book, waiting for him to wake up... not that you were worried about him or anything... you just wanted to make sure he didn't break anything when he woke... yeah. That's it.

"Ugh.. Ah coño."

You hear him mumble quietly, it coming out as a painful growl. He lifted his head up a bit, eyes still closed and his hand moved up to his forehead.

"Well, look who's awake."

You say closing your book, setting it to the side. Your words cause his eyes to snap open and he tries to sit up fast but fails, falling back into the bed with a painful growl, holding the gash on his chest you sewed up.

"Woah, woah! Take it easy!"

He glared at you and slowly stood up, staggering a bit.

"You-! Anyone but you, no! God, what the fuck happened-! Why-!"

he growls holding his face in his hands, trying to take a step, knowing him he would be pacing for now if it wasn't for his injuries.

"I don't know!? Don't ask me!! You just fell out of the sky and I had to come and save your ass before you were a crushed little spider on the pavement! You should be telling me what's going on!?"

He snapped, shaking his head at the others harsh words and tone. The others eyes widen and a look of horror and realization flash across his face. He looks down at his now busted watch.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit-!"

He yells panicked and starts pacing before collapsing due to over exhaustion and his injuries. You swooped down and caught him... again.

"Cállete! Calm down! Hurting yourself more is not helping your situation!"

You say annoyed, but sighs at the others carelessness. You help him back over to the bed.

"Now can you tell me what just Happened?"

He asks pinching the bridge of his nose, sighing, and Miguel flares up at him.

"A universe just got fucking distroyed... that's what just happened! And don't tell me to shut up! I'm now trapped here, with you of all people! And a universe is collapsing as we speak! Don't tell me to calm down!"

he growls, glaring. Oh yeah, you two don't have the most.. friendly relationship. Your usually all smiles, cheerfulness and jokes. You tease the other a lot just for the fun of it, and Miguel find it insufferable.

"Well fuck... your stuck here that's for sure. Until we can get that watch fixed... yelling won't solve anything though... it happened already.. there's no turning back now... now sit still so you can heal!"

You say pinching the bridge of your nose again, Miguel just crossed his arms and did t say anything. God he is like a toddler when things don't go his way.

"So, do you have any other injuries or did I get them all?"

"You got them all....Why do you care?"

He huffed out, then said the last bit with an accusing glare.

"Why can't I?"

You shot back, crossing your arms. He stayed quiet at this and just looked around the room you were in.

"This is your place?"

"Yeah"