Chapter 8

You quickly finish the food Miguel made you. Once again, you swore this man was a five-star chef in another life, well, he actually could be in another universe. He takes the plate as you finish eating, heading into the kitchen again. You lay back on the bed, looking at the ceiling. Miguel quietly enters the room, sitting next to you. He notices him gazing at you as your gaze is fixed on the roof.

"Tired?"

He asks softly, you look over to meet his gaze.

"A bit... yeah"

"You can sleep on the bed."

"What about you, I noticed you don't have a couch... A very minimal person, hmm?"

He chuckles softly

"Too much trouble, but I'll be fine on the floor.."

"No, I'm not letting you sleep on the floor Miguel. Just sleep with me, I don't mind"

Miguel looks away, the tips of his ears pink.

'... I'm fine on the floor."

'Either you sleep with me on the bed, or I sleep on the floor. I'm not letting you sleep on the floor in your apartment."

He gives you a funny look that kind of looks like a glare, but it's soft and affectionate, almost like he is trying to come off as menacing but failing.

"Okay... fine... You sure you okay with it?"

"Yes, ill be fine... You have a big bed anyways."

You crawl up and cover-up, snuggling down into the bed, feeling Miguel's gaze on you. You face the opposite direction of him, but you feel the bed shift as he lays down next to you.

He shuts off the lamp and you close your eyes, but the only thing you can focus on is the feeling of Miguel's gaze burning into the back of your head. you sigh and sit up enough so you can turn your head to look at him.

"Come here"

You say motioning for him to scoot closer.

"Hmm?"

He hums, tilting his head in confusion. Causing you to sigh again.

"I said come here, dummy"

He gives you a confused look but scoots closer. You grab his arm and drape it over your waist, scooting back so you're snuggled up close to him, being the little spoon. He freezes up at the sudden action but soon understands.

He can't help but smile and snuggle up closer to you, his arms snaking tighter, but comfortably around your waist. You feel his warm breath on your neck as you slowly fall asleep in his arms.

The next morning you wake up, still enveloped in Miguel's arms and you can't help but smile. you twist in his arms to face him. He is still sleeping. You note how his resting face and awake face were so different. When he was awake he always seemed so stressed. Troubled by the weight of protecting the world on his shoulders.

But now, he was at peace and even more handsome like this, something you never thought possible. You're still having trouble believing that you were at his apartment, cuddling. His breathing was steady, as his arms still tightly circled your waist. you wrapped your arms around his neck, burying your face in the crook of his neck, nuzzling up to him more, not able to resist.

He seems to wake from this as you hold him tight. You don't look up but you feel his head move, but then stop as he realized your actions. You could feel him smile, and hear him laugh softly under his breath. You heard that along with the steady rise of his heartbeat, and his steady breaths.