Chapter 2

At first it was awkward, keeping Miguel in your home. He was your cold, strict boss after all, and it's not like he was going home until his watch was fixed. And the others had no idea where he was and had no way of contacting him until it was fixed, so asking Help from Lyla was out of the picture. Miguel has been there a couple of hours already, night fell awhile ago. He was sitting on the couch tinkering with his watching trying to figure out what was wrong with it. And you where in the kitchen cooking. You decided to make taquitos and rice, it was fast and simple but still tasted really good. You finished cooking and made two plates, setting them at the table. You walked into the living room and stood leaning against the doorway, watching the other tinker for a bit. The way his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, the way his eyes widened a bit whenever he came closer to discovering the problem, it didn't matter what he was doing, he looked breath taking doing it. He stood there for a bit longer, just admiring him before he looked up and Met your gaze.

"Come and eat."

You say crossing your arms, still leaning against the doorway and holding his gaze. He has a calm expression on his face, he isn't even doing anything special and he could make anyone swoon. Your glad you get to see him like this even if it's just for a short time. The other is almost never this calm and peaceful back at HQ. Miguel looks back down at his watch before meeting your gaze again.

"I'm not hungry. Plus I got to fix this thing."

his voice comes out husky and deep, from exhaustion and not talking for awhile.

"Not hungry my ass. Come on, your recovering from your injures. You can take a break from over working yourself for a few hours to take care of yourself."

You say sternly, acting like a protective mother. This causes the other to roll his eyes and look at the watch one last time before putting it aside and standing up.

"Fine. If it will get you to shut up and leave me alone"

He growls out, following you into the dining room.

"Awh, don't kid yourself Miguel, don't act like you don't like my presence"

You tease,  giving him a smile from under your mask. Oh yeah, he wasn't seen your face yet. You've been part of the spider society for 3 years and Miguel has yet to see your face, he has brought it up before but you just shrug it off saying how you didn't mind it being on so what's the point? You sit down across from him and lift your mask up to your nose so you can eat, exposing your sharp but soft jawline, perfect pink lips and fair soft skin. You catch him staring at you and you glance up to meet his gaze.

"Are you going to stare or eat your food?"

You say with a calm level voice, but the words are teasing none the less. He keeps looking up at you through his eye brows.

"Why don't you just take the thing off already?  I won't judge you if your ugly, I could care less about you. Just save yourself the trouble, it'll make eating easier."

He says giving his casual 'expressionless' look. You shrug and pull of the mask. He was wrong about one thing. You were far from ugly. You had soft healthy hair and bright eyes, along with other features that could make anyone swoon. You caught how the others breath hitched a bit and his eyes widened just a little before he glanced down at his food and started eating, putting back on his aloof expression. You smiled at that wanting to tease him but just let it go, and shrugged. Turning to your own food.. but you just had a urge you couldn't resist.

"So you find me ugly, hmm?"

You tease at last, after taking a few bites of food. Miguel looks up at you at this, but doesn't respond, he just finished his food and walks back out the the living room. Causing you to burst out in laughter. You finish your food and wash all the dishes that were used. You turn the corner and glance in the living room to find Miguel back and messing with his watch again. You walk over and plop down on the couch next to him.