Table read

I walk to the front door and open the door slowly so it doesn't make any noise. My breath gets caught in my throat while I open the door. I lift one foot and step inside then lift my other foot inside the house and close the door. I start walking up the stairs and when I'm at the top I feel someone pulling me back almost causing me to fall down the stairs. I turn around to see Greg standing there he looks pissed "shit" I whisper to myself "What was that," he said in a stern voice "Nothing," I said back in a whisper. He grabs me by my hair and drags me into my room throwing me down onto the ground. "WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU EVERY SINGLE DAY," he says with angrier in his voice "t- to be at home on time," I say protecting my face knowing what is going to happen. I then notice the belt in his hand. I froze in terror I felt the belt hitting the side of my face, I try to stand up but get kicked in the stomach, and slapped with the belt over and over all over my back. I feel weak my back is stinging from the belt buckle piercing my skin and causing my back to bleed my ears are ringing. And all I can do is lay on the floor I hear the door slam shut, and I open my eyes to see that he's gone I let out a shaking breath and try and reach my phone which flew out of my pocket before. I get my phone and see a message

NEW MESSAGE:

Scarlett

Scarlett:

Hi, are your parents home yet?

y/n:

Yes

Scarlett pov:

I dropped off y/n and started making my way home, I turn on the radio and start listening to the music that was playing, swaging to the beat. I then turn into my driveway and get out of the car and walk into the house. I take off my shoes and close the door as soon as I turn around I see Rose running and screaming towards me "MUMMY YOUR HOME I MISSED YOU SO MUCH" she said with pure excitement "Hi sweetie how was your day" I say while hugging my daughter "it was so good" she said while we let go of each other. She starts dragging me to the living room and we sit down on the couch and she starts telling me everything that happened today. About 10 minutes have passed and she stops talking and asked if she can go play with her toys upstairs I say yes and watch her run up the stairs, I smile to myself then get out my phone and text y/n to make sure her parents are home, for some reason I just cared about this girl I don't know why.

Y/N:

Scarlett:

Hi, are your parents home yet?

y/n:

Yes

I found that a bit weird how she had only said yes but didn't think much of it and went into the kitchen to find Colin cooking.

Y/N POV:

I go and put my phone down and with all of the strength in my body, I pull myself up and onto my bed. I wanted a shower but I did not have enough strength due to that. My head hit the pillow and I was out within seconds. I woke up at around 2 and I couldn't get back to sleep I hear my stomach growling so I decided to go downstairs and get something to eat. "What should I get there like nothing to have where is all the food," I say to myself then realizing that the pantry that holds most of the food has a padlock on it "Of course what fucking assholes," I say. I see an apple in the fruit bowl and take it and head back into my room. Feeling exhausted I sit up in my bed eating my apple and scrolling through Instagram. Getting Bored quickly I put down my phone and throw the apple core in my bin and ended up falling back asleep.

I woke up and checked my phone it was about 8 am and I saw a notification "Top secret DO NOT share with anyone" I clicked on it and saw that it was from Marvel and it was the script also saying that there was a table read just with the actors. It didn't say where until I saw that I was getting messages from the group chat.

Scarlett:

So where are we going to have the table read

Elizabeth

I don't mind, what time

Chris. E

I think we should have it at Scarletts

Scarlett

Thanks, Chris

Florence

Is anyone going to be at yours scar

Scarlett

No Rose is at school and Colin is at work, can someone let everyone else know there probably still asleep, and how about 10 am

Elizabeth

Ok ill see you all soon then.

y/n

Ok can someone maybe pick me up

Scarlett

Yea i can

Scarlett

Wait don't you have school

y/n

no its a teacher-only day

I get up and get into the shower. The water hits my back and I flinch, I only last about 5 minutes in the shower then I get out. I wrap the towel around me and go to my wardrobe and pick out an outfit. I get changed and walk back to the bathroom and start doing my hair. I finish doing everything I still have while till Scarlett gets here so I just lay on my bed and wait. It hits 9:30 am and I get a message from Scarlett saying that she's 5 minutes away I put on my shoes and walk over to what she thinks is my house and wait about a minute then she pulls up next to me and I get in. She starts to drive to her house it's quiet but we talk here and there. She pulls up the driveway and we get out and start walking to the front door. I follow in behind Scarlett and take off my shoes she walks into the kitchen so I follow her. I go and sit down on the kitchen island "Do you want anything to drink or eat" she says while making something "Um can I get some water please" I say she gets out a cup and fills it up for me and hands it to me "so when is everyone coming" I ask "they should be here soon Hailee will be a tiny bit late cause I think she's picking up the physical scripts for us " she says while coming to sit next to me. We talk for a bit while we wait for everyone to come. After about 10 minutes everyone started to arrive so me and Scarlett go sit in the lounge with everyone waiting for the last couple of people to come. "Is everyone here?" Hemsworth asks "Almost we're just waiting for Hailee, "Scarlett says while Hailee walks in "I'm here sorry I'm late I went to pick up the physical scripts for everyone" "No problem come and sit down," Elizabeth says. Everyone is either sitting on the couch or the floor, were all just talking to each other before we start. I'm just sitting next to Scarlett and Lizzie not knowing if I should talk to someone so I'm just looking down at my lap and playing with my fingers waiting till we start.

"Okay well should we start then," Evans says everyone agrees and we're all reading your lines for about 20 minutes. I'm trying to stay focused but it's always been hard for me to focus for a long period so I end up daydreaming until I'm snapped out of it by someone nudging my shoulder. "Oh sorry," I say while trying to gather all my thoughts "Just wanted to let you know we're taking a break," Scarlett says with a smile on her face. I smile back at her and pull out my phone. I go on Instagram and see that someone has DM me I see that it's Rebbeca "Great what is she going to say" I mutter under my breath "Sorry what was that" Scarlett says "Oh nothing I was just talking to myself. I click on it and see what she send me and I instantly felt sick to my stomach with what she said I quickly turned my phone off and put it back in my pocket. Scarlett looked over at me confused and was about to ask if everything was okay, before she could say anything I excused myself and went to the bathroom.