ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴅᴀᴅ

· · ───────── ·𖥸· ───────── · ·

sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅᴀʏs ᴛɪʟ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

"Dream!" Shelby called out when she came out to the garden.

"BOO!!!" Dream yelled, coming up behind her to try and scare her. She screamed, and slapped him on the shoulder when she realized it was just him. 

"Dream!"

"Sorry!" He put his hands up in the defense...as well as to block any other hits that Shelby would curse upon him. Like the last chapter stated, Shelby and Dream were best friends! And it too started when they were just kids...

*****

"But Uncle Sam! How do you aim? Like I know how to throw the knife, obviously, like I'm not dumb. But the direction changes from the curve of it!" 9 year old Dream complained as he and his uncle trained, well, not really his uncle, just an adult figure that Dream looked up to.

He was already a great fighter...with swords and bows. He was not the best with knives and daggers. So that's what his uncle was teaching him at the moment.

"Don't worry Dream. You'll get it eventually. Basically, due to the wind and the shape and size of the knife, as well as the force you throw the knife, it has to curve. It tends to curve at a 45° angle. So try to not throw it dirrectly at the target." His uncle explained.

"Okay." Dream shrugged. He picked up the knife off the floor.

"WAIT DREAM DON'T THRO-" Before Uncle Sam's words processed in Dream's head, he had already thrown the dagger!

Why did Sam not want him to throw it? 

*****

"Hi Queen Kristen!" 9 year old Shelby greeted. It had been about a couple months after Kristen had taken Shelby and Molly into her care. 

Shelby had gotten to know the people at the castle better and warmed up to everyone. And everyone LOVED her. She was so cute!

"Hello Shelby." Kristen smiled. "Would you mind going out to the battlefield and call Mr. Sam to come inside? He has to get ready to greet the new kid guard that is coming later today."

"Of course!" Shelby marched out the kitchen and to the doors that led to the outside battlefield. "Doo do doo do doooo." She sang as she marched. As you can see, cute!

"Okay." She heard a voice of what sounded to be a little boy say. She stopped marching and looked up to see Mr. Sam and a little boy wearing a light green button up with green jeans...strange outfit.

"WAIT DREAM DON'T THROW IT!" She recognized a voice say that was to be Mr. Sam. The next thing she knew, she saw a knife like thing flying at her.

"AHHHHH!" She screamed. Before she could even move, it passed her. She breathed heavily as Mr. Sam and the little boy ran up to her. She was still frozen from the scary moment that just occured.

"Shelby! I am so sorry." Mr. Sam hugged her. "Are you okay?"

"I- i think so. Do I look okay?" As soon as she said that, the little boy who threw the knife started bursting out laughing.

"Is someone making tea?" Shelby asked innocently. The little boy continued laughing. And she soon realized it was actually just him laughing. "What's so funny!" She stomped with her arms crossed.

"Your hair!" The boy wheezed. Shelby reached her hands up to her head and felt it. It felt like a rough and frizzy surface where it used to be soft and silky. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HAIR!?" She shouted.