ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ?

· · ───────── ·𖥸· ───────── · ·

sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅᴀʏs ᴛɪʟ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Queen Kristen and King Phil were in the ballroom with their son, Wilbur. 

What were they doing?

Trying to teach him how to slow dance. He was the Prince, 26 years old, and a GUY, and he didn't know how to slow dance.

Right now, Queen Kristen and King Phil were slow dancing with each other as an example for Wilbur. Wilbur almost fell asleep watching the two. He wasn't the biggest fan of slow dancing.

"Okay, guys. I can see you slow dance, but I just don't know where to put my hands without making the other person uncomfortable! Can I slow dance with one of you?" Wilbur asked.

"That's kind of strange Wil. Uh, Kristen, find someone to slow dance with him." Kristen nodded and walked out the ballroom.

"Why do I even have to know how to slow dance? It's so boring and disgusting." Wilbur said.

"Slow dancing is not 'boring and disgusting' it's romantic. It feels different when you're with the one. And it's better to learn it now than later. Your 26 Wilbur." Wilbur groaned.

Meanwhile, Queen Kristen was roaming the halls, looking for the nearest person. Her eyes spotted an orange-haired girl.

"Shelby." Kristen smiled and walked up to the girl who was dusting the vases.

"Hello Queen Kristen."

"How many times have I told you to just call me Kristen."

"Sorry Kristen. It's just a habit. What do you need?" She asked.

"Do you know how to slow dance?"

"Uhm, yeah." Shelby said hesitantly. Slow dancing wasn't exactly a good memory for her. She had always wanted to do it with someone special, so when she was with Noah, she asked him to do it with her, but he always declined saying it was stupid and pointless.

"Would you mind teaching my son, Wilbur? He doesn't know how." Kristen said.

"Oh, uh, okay." Shelby hesitantly agreed. "I hardly talk to Prince Wilbur, so I hope he's okay with it." Kristen led Shelby to the ballroom.

Wilbur heard footsteps enter the ballroom, he turned around and saw his mother..with Miss Shelby.

He was going to slow dance with her?! Oh god. Wait. Did his mother know he liked Shelby, or was it a coincidence? How is he supposed to do this? He's going to embarrass himself in front of his crush!

"Phil and I will leave you both to it. I hope you are a patient teacher Shelby, because Wilbur is definitely a handful." Kristen teased.

"Mother!" Wilbur whined as his parents rushed out the ballroom. "Sorry." He apologized to Shelby.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm a bit nervous though."

"Don't be. It's actually really easy. Okay, so you want to put your left hand up." Wilbur did as she said. "And then your partner will clasp your hands together. Now you wanna wrap your right hand around and either place it on the back of their shoulder blade or above their waist."

"Where do you want me to put it? I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Wilbur politely asked. Shelby smiled to herself. So he did care about her feelings..maybe all guys aren't bad like Noah.

"I prefer my shoulder blade." And Wilbur did that. He could feel himself shaking from his nerves.

Shelby could tell too and laughed. "Don't be nervous. I won't judge you at all." Wilbur nodded. "Your partner will either place their left hand on the side of your shoulder or closer to your neck." Shelby placed her had just to the left of Wilbur's neck. "Is that okay?"