ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ʟɪᴋᴇ...ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ

· · ───────── ·𖥸· ───────── · ·

sɪx ᴅᴀʏs ᴛɪʟ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

It was now the next morning. And Dream was freaking out. He was supposed to tell Elliana how he felt today, but he was so nervous.

Of course, his best friend was there to calm him down.

"Dream, I know this all seems nerve racking, but I am telling you. You have nothing to worry about, okay?"

"How do you know that? What if-" Shelby cut him off.

"Stop thinking about the negative things! You are an amazing guy Dream, okay? You are generous, smart, friendly, strong, and I guess handsome." She knew making him laugh would help his worries go away.

"You guess? Wow. I am very hurt Shelby. And to think you are one of the only people who know what I actually look like right now. The last time Ellie has seen me without a mask was when I was 17. I haven't shown my face to her since then. So technically, the handsome part doesn't count."

"Still, you have a great personality. She won't turn you down. Just trust me."

Dream took a deep breath. "Okay. Okay. I got this, right? Yeah. Okay."

"Exactly. Now go get her. She should be..." She looked at the clock on the wall. "-in the ballroom polishing the vases. Is the picnic and food all set in the garden?"

He nods. "Niki kept teasing me about it while we made the food. Calling us lovebirds."

"Well...she's not wrong." She laughed. "You got this Dream. I believe in you."

"I hope so. Thank you Shelby Shubble." Dream snickered, using his nickname for her.

"Of course, Clay Dream. Now go get her!" She shoved him out the room and waved as he walked away.

Dream headed toward the ballroom, as that was where Elliana was, according to Shelby. He held a bouquet of white lilies. He knew that they were her favorite flower.

He took a deep breath before entering the ballroom. Elliana turned around from hearing the door open and smiled.

Before I tell you what happened next, I'll bring you back to the day Dream and Elliana had met for the first time. And yes, I specifically chose now to bother you all.

*****

Dream was 17 years old. He wasn't 9 anymore so Uncle Sam was not helping him train anymore. He was doing it by himself in the battle field. 

Over the last 8 years of training, Dream has improved very very well. He is also now known as probably the best fighter in the kingdom. At only 17!

He was still strugging with his dagger skills, hence why he was focusing on that the past week. Dream seemed to have a hard time with throwing the small knives mostly and practiced by throwing them at the several red and white targets in front of him.

"Here we go." He mumbled to himself as he started his aiming practice. It started with throwing one dagger at the target, it successfully hitting the bullseye. He threw another dagger only for it to hit the outter white circle.

He threw a third dagger, and it headed for the bullseye again, causing for Dream's mouth to turn to a smile at his accomplishment. However, the dagger unfortunately bounced off the one that was already in the bullseye causing it to fly back at him.

It was already so close to him before he even realized what was happening. He tried to move but  the dagger slashed his face before he could. Dream yelled in pain as he quickly clawed his face with his hands, trying to stop the pain.