Chapter Twenty

Alice POV

I'll never understand how people like to mop.

Cleaning was the ban of my existing, especially so early on a Saturday morning. I had been at this stupid list of chores for hours and I think I'm only half way done.

I tried to get Sarah and Violet to stay and help but they quickly vetoed that idea. So I ushered them out, promising to talk to James soon. They wished me luck on the chores and the troublemaker as they left to do 'important things'.

Yeah right, traitors.

I pushed my hair out of my face as it kept falling in front of my eyesight. Mopping was proving to be difficult because of this stupid hair. I mopped the last part and then stepped back, appearing now the wet but clean floor.

What I also hated about mopping was that you were trapped in whatever room you ended in until the floor dried, which if you didn't plan right could be really bad.

I put the mop in the bucket next to me and checked what was next on my list. As I was reading though, the doorbell rang, distracted me.

Puzzled, I set the list on the counter next to me and turned for the door. I opened it, a hello on my tongue when it was lost at the sight in front of me.

James Carper.

We weren't in silence for long because it felt like as soon as the door stayed open for longer than five seconds, James started rapidly speaking.

"Okay, listen, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a little shit and for not realizing that I was being a dick when you were really upset. I'm shitty at noticing your feelings or anyone else's feelings actually. Look, you don't have to tell me exactly the details of your father, I don't care. All I care about is that you know I just fucking love you and I just hope you'll forgive me," James spoke.

I stared, completely surprised, my mouth hanging open. My mind was still processing everything he said.

Oh boy, James loves me?

Out of everything he said the mere thought of him loving me was the only thing I could focus on. I never imagined him to feel the same. But he does and boy, did it feel nice.

By the time my brain finally got that fact he was apologizing and had said he loved me, he was already walking away. So I ran to catch up and I grabbed this arm.

A sense of déjà vu strikes me and I realized how the roles had been reserved. I can feel the familiar sparks run up and down my body from the small amount of contact.

I can picture a couple of months from now, me apologizing, hoping he'll forgive me. I felt so nervous standing on his porch and wanting nothing more than him to forgive me.

And when we did it set off a roaster of events no one could predict.

He turns to look at me, puzzled by my assault. "Did you mean it?" I asked nervously. James furrowed his eyebrows, but I continued, "About loving me?"

James suddenly smiled, "Of course I did. I loved you since you kissed me in the sandbox."

I blush a little before smiling back, "I forgive you...and I love you too."

Suddenly a hand wrapped its way in my waist and tugged me tight against a solid chest, causing a squeak to come out of my mouth. I stared up into James' warm brown eyes.

"Say it again," he whispered, his forehead against mine.

"I love you James," I whispered back. He then slammed his lips into mine and we both smiled against each other's lips, feeling happy, at ease and in love.