Chapter Twelve

Dedicated to Rose, thanks so much for reading this book :)

*******

Alice POV

The first thing I woke up to the soreness of my body. It felt like everything hurt and it felt like everything was being stabbed repeatedly. I groaned as I tried to sit up but stopped after feeling the burning pain in my back.

"I wouldn't suggest getting up," a voice spoke.

I snapped my eyes open and turn my head towards the noise, holding back a groan as I moved it. There in the middle of the room stood James. He looked pretty beat up with a bruise on his jaw and but I'm guessing I didn't look any better.

He walked towards me with water in his hand and something else in his other. When he came close to the bed he handed them to me, "Here".

I looked at hands and realized he was holding two Advil. I slowly propped my elbows up and reached for the tablets. I threw the two tablets in my mouth ignoring the pain in my right arm and washed it down with the water. I then gently lowered myself back on my back, signing in relief.

I felt James eyes on me the entirely, concern and worry in his eyes. I looked at him and he furrowed his eyebrows. I watched surprised as he raised his hand and gently stroked my cheek.

He grasped my chin lightly and turned my head to the left. I was confused as to why he did it until I realized the side he was looking at was the one I got slapped on.

I felt him lightly grazed it with his other hand and I flinched a bit. I heard him sigh as he let go of my chin. I looked up into his soft brown eyes, "How you find me?"

James looked away from me, his jaw clenching, "Brett called me saying how nice your blood smelled."

I mentally felt disgusted and cringed. I looked away from James and squirmed uncomfortable, "I'm sorry I dragged you into that," I said quietly.

I felt the bed shifted and I looked up confused but my eyes widened at how close James was to me. He was leaning over my face with a hard look on, "Never apologize for that."

I had a suddenly flashback to how angry and scary he was in the chair and I felt my heart beat increase a bit. James must have noticed my sense of fear as his eyes softened, "I'll never hurt you Apple Juice."

I felt my heart beat fluttered at his words and he leaned away from my face and got off the bed. He then walked out of his room to the bathroom across his room. He turned on the light and I watched curiously as he lifted up his shirt and looked at his side while flinching.

Curious, I sat up, ignoring all the protests my body made, as I slowly limped towards him. I tried not to make any noise of pain as I limped towards him. I managed to get to the bedroom post until I leaned against and whimpered a bit from the ache in my spine.

He snapped his head towards me and stopped cleaning his side. His eyebrows were furrowed as he walked towards me, "You should not be out of bed."

I smiled a bit and croaked out, "Yes mother."

James narrowed his eyes, un-amused, "I'm serious Alice."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine James."

James narrowed his eyes and shook his head slowly, "So help me god Alice, I will carry you and put you back in that bed."

I stood up taller, "And I will get right back out of it."

James stared at me and I stared back. He then sighed again and walked back to the bathroom. I smiled victoriously and limped towards the bathroom archway and leaned against it. I then looked at his side and then back to him, "Now what's wrong with you."