Chapter Two

I dedication this chapter to Y7TexiriMaze because she was my first comment, vote, and she's awesome. Comment and vote!!!!!!!!! The picture is of James.

************

James POV

(Flashback, I guess)

I remember the day I first liked Alice. We were five and playing in the sandbox in my backyard. Her hair was in two braids and she was wearing blue jean shorts with a bright yellow daisy shirt.

"James! You are getting sand in my hair!" She squealed.

"Sorry. Are you using that shovel?" I pointed to the red shovel in between us. She shook her head no and I reached for it. I didn't know she tried to get the shovel too. We bump heads but I hit her with more force then she hit me with. She screamed and went flying back on her butt. Her hands went to her head.

"Ouch! Jamess! Thaat hurt!" She started to get tears in her eyes. I sat down right next to her.

"No! Don't cry. I'm sorry!" I was so sad and upset at myself. I hurt my best friend and she was now crying! I didn't know what to do or say. But then I thought of something.

"You are fine. You are look beautiful. I can't even see any bump." My Dad always says that to my mom when she starts to cry. I subbed in bump instead of fat because it won't have made sense to Alice. I don't understand why he says. All I know is that it works every time.

"Are you lying?" She sniffed.

I shook my head rapidly. "No."

She sniffed again. She looked at me with her bright brown eyes. She leaned up quick and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I redden in response.

"Thank you," she whispered looking away.

(End)

From that moment on, I never was the same with her. I wanted to hold her hand and protect her from the big mean scary guys.

But then I hit the age where I didn't like being so honest and love-dove with her. So I pushed her away but I was so surprised at what she did. She didn't run away or cry like the guys said she would.

She was mean right back to me.

Ever since then we have been nothing but mean to each other.

But well Alice got a pretty basic life. I got a not so nice life. Now I know she experienced troubles but never like me.

At first my life wasn't bad at all. Of course I had parents issues but doesn't everyone?

I was the kid who hung out with all the guys who were bad, but I wasn't the bad kid. Yet somehow being involved in them equaled being bad. So I played the part. I still was bad but I wasn't a drug dealer like them. I was more like the player.

Then one day my friends invited me to play basketball. I said yes. It started off as playing basketball but it turned into something I wish I never became a part of.

It was around 3pm when some of the boys decided to take a break. Expect they weren't taking a break to get water they were going to sell drugs there. But you see, I didn't know that when I came along. They didn't say anything. They didn't do anything to let me know. They just let me tang along.

When we got to the water fountain, I actually went and sipped water. They guys just kind of stood around me.

Then two guys with black jackets with their hoods up, walked up to us. I was still drinking water. When I turned around, my friend, Tom, was giving out drugs to one of the guys.