Chapter Eight

Alice POV

“Okay, make sure you put sunscreen on, Alice, I don’t want you to get burn,” my mother scolded as I rolled my eyes as I put more on.

We were finally heading to Six Flags after a long and annoying morning. First off, I was awaked up by a feather to the face and someone whispering things into my ear.

I still was blushing at the memory. I was woken by an annoying bad boy rubbing a feather in my face explaining I had to get up. When I woke up, I slapped the feather away and mumbled a couple choice words. This causes James to start teasing me until his mother snapped at him to get ready.

I forgot how crazy James’ mother can about leaving on time. I forgot she’s all about ‘plans’ and following through with them. I forgot all of that as we rushed out the door to breakfast with a grumpy Mrs. Caper on our heels. I forgot how it isn’t a lot of fun when someone’s pressing you to eat faster.

I wanted to spend as much as time at Six Flags too but I didn’t enjoy stuffing food down my throat in less than twenty minutes. I could tell my mother found her temper and anxiety to be funny because she was smiling the entire time.

My mother was the opposite of Grace. She didn’t flip out if we were 5 minutes late. If anything, we were rushing her to hurry up so we didn’t lose the bus or run out of time for things.

But after stressful breakfast, we piled into the travel bus and then that brought us here, right outside the gates. As we were driving, I could see all the busy cars and see the frustration on some people.

The bus past all the people waiting in line then he drove into the parking lot. He drove to the far left right by the drop off area and put the car in park, “Okay people, this is our stop. Busses will come every 3 hours and the last bus is at 10 o’clock, don’t be late.”

We piled out of the small bus and I followed our mothers to the gate. We past a bunch of tourists and it made me smile a bit. There were some outrageous people here but one lady made me smile.

“Hey look,” I elbowed James and pointed, “That lady’s wearing the best hat I’ve seen all day.”

I giggled as James looked at her then me and smirked, “Now Apple Juice that’s not very nice. I just happen to love old ladies with giant fruit hats.”

I laughed and smirked back, “Oh good, because no one else likes you.”

He rolled his eyes and smirked. Then he leaned in close and whispered into my ear, “We both know you like me.” Then he leaned away and winked. And to my horror my face blushed.

Oh boy.

I looked away and he laughed. I don’t know why I blushed. I didn’t like James like that. We were just friends and only good friends. I didn’t feel like that towards him…

I walked ahead away from James and to my mother. “Hey mom,” she turned around and I fell in step with her and Grace, “How’s your day been so far?”

My mother smiled, “Well, it’s been pretty nice but it will get better once we get inside.” Grace widened her eyes at my mother’s statement and nodded, agreeing with her.

I smiled at them as we got in line behind all the people. There were a bunch of people in line and it was kind of overwhelming. I noticed an 8th grade school field trip. I saw crazy moms yelling at their little children to behave. I looked at some teenagers our age with their parents. I noticed dome of the pretty girls eyeing James and I felt a tug on my heart.

Ignoring it, I turned and smiled at my mother, “So what do you two ladies want to do today?”

My mother smiled and at Grace who smiled back, “Well…maybe we could ride something together and then I think we will go eat and possibly do something else…” she rambled off.