Chapter Five

I dedicated this chapter to….another one of my friends LiveLaughLove235 who convinced me to put this story up.

********

Alice POV

Being late for school is never fun. I learned that the hard way.

My alarm clock didn’t go off this morning. And my mother works, so normally I would have been screwed.

Lucky for me, Michael was at our house and up.

I do know if it wasn’t for him, I won’t have gone to school. And the thing was I didn’t naturally wake up. And I wasn’t in the middle of dreaming and just wanted to dream more.  I didn’t even dream last night; I haven’t dreamt of anything in a long time.

I first woke up was someone shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and was greeted by Michael’s worry face. I immediately closed my eyes. I moaned and stretched my legs and arms automatically. I used one arm to block the bright light.

“What” I muffled. He started shaking me harder. I opened my eyes again “What” I screamed.

“You have 20 minutes until the bus comes.” My eyes opened and Michael was already leaving. I jumped up out of bed throwing the covers off my body. I looked at my clock on my nightstand and it said 8:20.

Oh boy.

Michael left my room and closed the door. I threw off my pajamas and thanked the lord I had picked out my outfit yesterday. I threw on my grey yoga pants that have Hollister printed on the butt. I put a blue plain short sleeved t-shirt. I put my white fake diamond earrings with a sliver necklace with the initial A on it. The A was kind of bedazzled with fake diamonds. I quickly put black eyeliner on the top of my eyes and brushed through my hair. I put a black thin tight head bead in my hair and mentally went through my checklist. When I was positive I did everything grabbed my backpack and started leaving. Then I remembered that I didn’t have shoes on. I turned around and grabbed them. Then I high tailed it out of my room.

When I ran down the stairs, I was kind of out of breath. I did all of that in the course of 15 minutes. I always moving so fast I’m glad I didn’t mess up my makeup. What I saw downstairs was Michael reading the newspaper and my breakfast was all ready. I looked up at him in surprise and raised my eyebrows.

“You made me breakfast?” He nodded slowly. “Thanks.” I said with a smile and I dung in. I look at the article Michael was reading. It was the accident that happened in Boston. I heard about it but I haven’t read the article about it yet. It was really sad and unfortunate to the families who lost people. I looked at the clock. It was 8:37.

I shoved the rest of my food into my mouth and ran past Michael. “I’m late. I’m late for an important date.”

I heard him softy chuckling. I smiled, glad he liked my joke. I walked hastily to my stop seeing James was already there. He wasn't facing me though. We didn't have much time to talk because the bus pulled up right as I got there. Plus I was out of breath.

When I walked on the bus I sat 5 seats behind the bus driver side. I figured that James would sit by me either across or behind. But he didn't. He just kept walking and avoided eye contact.

Mmmmh weird.

The bus ride was long and quiet. No one sat with me. Not that I minded. I actually like it. It was nice and quiet. I liked to just listen to my music and stare out in space.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This day has just been getting weirder and weirder. At first it wasn’t that bad, it was just confusing. James has been ignoring me the entire day. Every time I think he’s looking at me and I turned to look at him. He turns his head away. And when I stare at him he just looks everywhere but my eyes or just stares straight ahead. And when then study hall happened, I never this day was destined to be terrible.