Chapter 7

Khel slowly opened his eyes and felt good that he was able to sleep comfortably, somehow.

But something was strange. He already had a pillow and his body was covered with a blanket.

He was wondering where those came from until he heard the clicking sound from the table near him. As soon as he stretched himself to see where the sound came from, he immediately sprung up. But he lost his balance and ended up falling from the sofa.

Khel made a huge thud sound. "Ah!" He exclaimed as he tried to get up. He didn't mind the pain from his fall. He was more worried that his boss walked in the office and saw him sleeping.

He took a quick gaze at his watch and saw that it was already ten in the morning. He's been asleep for more than two hours!

'Patay! Siguradong papagalitan naman ako nito. And worse baka ikasisante ko na ito.' He thought to himself as he finally got up and stood facing Yvan's desk.

When Yvan heard the huge thud coming from where Khel was, he immediately raised his head. Then he saw Khel on the floor trying to get up but he was struggling because he kept on stepping on the blanket.

Magulo ang mukha ni Khel at may bakat pa itong mga linya sa mukha dala ng pamagkakalapat ng mukha niya sa unan habang natutulog. Khel looked distressed and it made Yvan feel amused, but at the same time worried that Khel might have hurt himself.

'Great! First confused, then horny, now worried. What's next?' Yvan said in his mind.

"S-sir! Kanina pa ba kayo diyan?" Nahihiyang tanong ni Khel habang mahigpit na nakakapit sa kumot. Halatang-halata ang kaba at hiya sa mukha nito.

"I've been here long enough." Yvan simply replied.

"Sorry, Sir. For some reason I've been restless for days." Khel explained which made Yvan interested.

"And why is that? Be honest with me." Yvan's face was serious and it made Khel quite hesitant.

Ano nga bang sasabihin niya sa boss niya? Na di siya makatulog kasi palagi niya itong napapanaginipan simula nang halikan siya? At malaswa pa yung mga panaginip niya. Parang hindi magandang sabihin iyon ngayon dahil magiging awkward na naman ang sitwasyon nila.

"Baka po namamahay pa ako. Kakalipat ko lang kasi." Iyon na lang ang nasabi na dahilan ni Khel habang inaayos ang kanyang damit.

Somehow, Yvan was expecting something else as an answer so he was quite disappointed to hear what Khel said.

"I see. You know that what you did is unacceptable." Yvan said in a serious tone.

"I-I know, Sir. I'm really sorry. I won't do it again." Khel said in a nervous tone. "Di ba, Sir, sa susunod na araw pa balik niyo?" He added as an attempt to swerve from the topic of him being caught sleeping. But Yvan was smart enough to notice it.

"I just wanted to go home. And can you not change the topic?" Yvan said and it made Khel feel more embarrassed.

"S-sorry, Sir." Nakayuko na ito at inihahanda niya ang sarili niya sa susunod na sasabihin ng boss niya. He always had this expectation of being fired at anytime so that it won't really hurt once it actually happens.

"Just take those back to that room, then make me a cup of coffee. The same blend." Yvan said then went back to work. He was referring to the blanket and pillow.

Khel felt relieved and at the same time surprised that his boss didn't scold him. But as he picked up the pillow, he realized something.

'Teka! Wala akong unan at kumot nung natulog ako dito, diba?' he asked at the back of his mind then looked at his boss who was already focused with his work.