Chapter 15--Worried about the Inside Story

CHAPTER 15—Worried about the Inside Story

Xie Yu curled up in his bed, and fell deep into a nightmare.

His breathing became more and more rapid, and after he began panting heavily, he suddenly opened his eyes.

His eyes were wide open, and it took him a long time to regain his focus.

His whole body was tense and trembling.

The quilt on the bed had fallen to the ground at some point, and the pajamas on his body were soaked in cold sweat.

Xie Yu, leaned back on the head of the bed in panic, and he felt like all his strength was exhausted.

He then struggled to grab the water glass by his bedside, took a few big gulps, and then took a few deep breaths to calm down his rapid heartbeat.

He placed the water glass on his waist, recalled the scenes from his dream just now, and quickly found clues from the memory belonging to the original body—Star calendar 7281, on the Terran Star, the Spring Festival lantern market in its capital, Minglan City.

At that time, Xie Yu was ten years old and his younger sister, Xie Chan, was four years old.

After being separated from their parents, Xie Yu took his younger sister by the hand, and tried to find a passerby for help.

But unexpectedly, the crowd was too dense, and Xie Yu ended up being hit hard by someone.

Before falling down, he subconsciously let go of his sister's hand, to prevent her from falling down with him.

But releasing her hand became an eternal regret in his heart.

Xie Chan disappeared.

Xie Yu panicked in that situation, crying and screaming, looking for his sister along the street, but in the end found nothing.

It wasn't until he met a compassionate person, was he then sent to the service center nearby the scenic spot.

Xie Yu's parents successfully found him by locating the chip embedded in their children's bodies, but they never got feedback from Xie Chan's chip.

Xie Yu's parents immediately called the police and mobilized all their contacts to find Xie Chan.

It wasn't until three months later that the Xie family finally got news that Xie Chan had been found.

They then rushed to the police station in a hurry, but when they reunited with their lost and recovered family member, they also learned of the more worrying inside story.

After Xie Chan became lost, she was targeted by human traffickers.

Those criminals not only blocked the signal of the chip in her body with jammers, but also fed her with drugs to make her lose her will.

They took her away from the Terran Star, and then sold her on the black market.

When the police found Xie Chan on a remote cargo transfer planet, the little girl had already been starved almost to death, and was covered in scars.

The abduction case was overturned, and the Xie family restored its peace on the surface, but pain took root in everyone's heart.

Especially Xie Yu, who thought it was all because he didn't take good care of his younger sister, and so it was his fault that she was kidnapped and abused.

He always felt guilty towards his family.

So, by relying on his own means and strength, Xie Yu actually found key information about the case.