Chapter 21--Do Not Show Affection

CHAPTER 21—Do Not Show Affection

Xie Yu returned to his apartment with the ingredients and headed to the kitchen to try to start the fire on the stovetop while making sure Xie Chan rested well.

By relying on the memory of the original body, he was able to make a few dishes that Xie Chan also loved.

After she ate the meal, Xie Chan felt that her brother's skills had improved. But after Xie Yu gave some explanation and excuses, she didn't notice anything wrong.

As night approached, Xie Yu finally let out a long sigh of relief after watching Xie Chan head back to her room to rest once she was able to get settled and had washed.

He also went back to his own bedroom, and fell onto the soft single sofa in the corner, unloading all his strength and completely relaxing.

He pulled up the panel on the upholstery and switched a wall to one-way window mode.

The wall began to change, and finally turned into a flat, transparent screen.

Xie Yu wanted to see the night sky of the Capital Star, but when he looked up, he saw several aircrafts majestically hovering in mid-air not far away.

Thinking of Zhou Cheng's increasingly bad evaluation of the media, Xie Yu could only switch back to the wall mode speechlessly, and dared not sit on the single sofa anymore.

Just as he was about to get into his bed, he remembered the pieces of paper still in his pocket, so he looked up at the closed door, then looked around the well-decorated and bright room, and hesitated again and again, but in the end he didn't reach into his pocket to take it out.

******

Xie Yu still didn't get a good night's sleep that night.

The scenes in his dream consisted of all kinds of memories before his accident.

There were old partners who had worked together with him for many years, and there was a Beijing-style director who was very strict in filming but he had made friends with in private.

There was a screenwriter, as well as his assistant who had been with him for many years and was about to resign and head behind the scenes...

Everything ended in the shipwrecked.

In his dream, people from all walks of his life took turns on the main 'stage' of his dream, but in the end his loved ones took center stage.

The faded pictures in his memory suddenly appeared in front of him—a mother who was addicted to gambling, and a father who was told he'd be laid off...

It was like he was sinking down underwater again, and the feeling of suffocation hit him in the face.

In the end, Xie Yu woke up in the middle of the night.

He hadn't had a good rest for several nights now.

By this point, he was extremely tired, and he felt heavy even when trying to raise his arms.

With great effort, he headed to the kitchen to fill a glass of water.

He wanted to stay in the living room for a while, but was afraid of somehow affecting Xie Chan's rest, so he could only retreat back to his room.

He couldn't fall asleep, so he instinctively powered up his light brain and started looking for interstellar movies to watch.

In recent days, Shen Qi's <Simon's Star No. 10 Mine> had been making headlines for several days in a row due to the promotion done by the Golden Laurel Awards.