Chapter 37--Touching the Cat's Claws

CHAPTER 37—Touching the Cat's Claws

Xie Yu brought ingredients to Shen Qi's new apartment.

Since he had "taken over porcelain work" before, he was mentally prepared to do everything himself. (TL: "porcelain work" is a saying that refers to someone who doesn't have enough ability or conditions to complete something)

But he didn't expect that the "guidance" Shen Qi mentioned was guidance in the truest sense.

Xie Yu suggested making sauerkraut fish, but Shen Qi had never tried it before, so he came over to look at the recipe and nodded seriously in agreement.

After deciding what to do, Shen Qi took over all the preliminary preparations, including cleaning the fish, filleting the fish, pickling the fish, and even adding oil to the pot.

He insisted on doing it himself.

When it came time to put the ingredients in and his cooking skills and experience were finally put to the test, Shen Qi asked Xie Yu for help.

Xie Yu secretly breathed a sigh of relief and felt more and more that it was a pleasure to get along with Shen Qi.

He should have known that Shen Qi's private life would be no different from how he was while working.

In principle, if he could do something himself, then he'd definitely not bother others.

Moreover, Shen Qi also brought his work habits to cooking, monitoring every process down to the finest details.

The three-minute time limit stated in the recipe also meant not to open the lid, even for half a second.

The recipe recommended that the fish should be sliced ​​as thin as possible as well.

Shen Qi nodded in understanding and started to cut the fish.

The thickness of each slice of fish was the same, and the frequency of the cuts was also very rhythmic.

It wasn't like cooking at all. If he only looked at Shen Qi's movements, he might've thought that Shen Qi was doing some sort of experiment.

After Xie Yu put in the seasonings and confirmed everything else, he nodded and stepped back, leaning against the kitchen door.

He saw the fit man in front of him with his head slightly lowered, and his strong and shapely arms working hard as he used the kitchen utensils to pick up pieces of translucent fish to place them into the soup.

After laying out the fish in the pot, he closed the lid and stared quietly and attentively through the transparent pot lid at the fish half-soaked in the broth, sizzling and tumbling about.

Xie Yu watched this scene and replaced Shen Qi's tall body with the gray-white big cat form in his head, and then felt like wanting to laugh a little for some reason.

With that look in his eyes, his human form still looked normal.

But if it were his animal form, wouldn't it be just a greedy cat?

"What are you laughing at?" A voice rang out in the quiet space.

Xie Yu was stunned for a moment.

When he came back to his senses, he realized that Shen Qi was looking back at him.

Xie Yu quickly pursed his lips, "No, it's nothing. I just think that Director Shen is just so serious."

Xie Yu didn't want Shen Qi to know what he was thinking.

He also wanted to praise him politely, but after he said it, even he felt that his words were ambiguous.

This kind of sudden praise does seem like flattery, but to explain it further would sound too deliberate.