Baby Steps

Three Months Later back in Salt Lake City the cast has flown back to film Season 4. Josh is in his apartment strumming his guitar with his lyric book.

KNOCK
KNOCK

He puts his guitar down and answers the door to see Sofia with their favorite coffee.

"My joshy senses we're tingling"

"Your the best you know that." he hugs her tightly

"So how are you feeling knowing she's coming back to be apart of the last season."

"I mean I don't hate it it's nice that the whole gang is back honestly."

Sofia raises an eyebrow at him tilting her head giving him a look.

"Joshy.."

"I'm honestly fine Sof."

"Joshy"

"I really am"

"Boo...."

Josh sighs "I honestly don't know how to feel, scared, nervous, worried, scared."

"You said that twice."

"I don't know maybe I do fear having her back will bring certain feelings again."

"And your scared of dealing with all the pain and hurt once more, or just letting her back into your life somehow."

He nods his head and runs his fingers through his hair shaking.

Sofia half smiles while hugging him resting her head on his shoulder.

"I don't want it to be awkward I mean I'll admit I missed her..a lot Sof."

"Then take slow steps into mending whatever relationship you want with her you don't need to push it right away."

"I guess your right."

"Baby Steps."

He repeats with a slight smile "Baby steps."

The next day everyone is back on the set at East High excited to film one last time together.

Josh is humming doopelganger while heading to the theater. As he looks through his script he bumps into someone.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to crash into you, everyone always says I'm a mess on two feet."

"No noo it's fine I wasn't loo-"Olivia stops mid sentence as she meets eyes with the familiar brown eyes that makes her heart skip a beat.

Joshua clears his throat grabbing her things and helps her up. "I still end up on the floor somehow."

"Same old Joshy...joshua I mean."

"I haven't heard that nickname in a while."

She gets confused raises an eyebrow, "Really, I'd think the rest of the gang would still be calling you that."

"Not really I only let really special people to me call me Joshy but it's been a while minus the gang they do but not like a normal thing"

"Oh I see."

"But I mean if your comfortable with calling me by that nickname feel free...Liv." he half smiles

Olivia smiles big, "I was actually going to head back to my trailer read through some scenes care to join me. Rini fans are going to go wild."she jokes.

He chuckles lightly with his cute smirk that makes her stomach do flips, "I'm down like the good old days."

Everyone looks over sneakily at the former lovers with a warm feeling in their hearts seeing them be civil. Dara and Julia squeal as they see them head back to Olivia's trailer.

They all look towards one another with fingers crossed.

Matt nudges Sofia's shoulder, "Thank you for not going attack dog on Liv."

"Josh and I spoke last night and it's not what he wants knowing his heart all he wants is happiness and positivity he's happy we're all back together and I told him baby steps."

"But still I mean you went half full attack on her at the premiere."

"I'm looking out for my best friend  I won't let him suffer and hurt the way he did."

"We all don't but they're older now maybe it's time for them to make amends how they want without whispers in their ear."

Sofia sighs and rest her head on his shoulder worried but happy to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

As Joshua and Olivia head over to her trailer she scrambles to clean up some of the mess.

Josh laughs shaking his heads, "We're getting older but some things won't ever change."

She rolls her eyes, "Very funny Joshy, you know how I can be besides it's not that bad."

"Yet.." he smirks.

"Don't make me mess with your curls I love so much." her eyes widen covers her mouth at her slip up.

He half smiles at her slip up, "I know the curls just get all the love so hands off."

"Whatever you want some water and I got some red vines."

"You know me so well." he chuckles plops down on the couch he looks around her trailer and stops as he spots a photo next to Olivia's desk.

He stands up and picks up a photo from their one year anniversary date where he surprised her at their secret spot picnic.

(Credits to photo editor/owner)

"It's you and I forever and always."he says kissing her forehead.

"My heart belongs and will always belong to you and only you." she says caressing his cheek looking in his eyes

"My heart will only know you." he says looking in her eyes

He smiles big at the photo and quickly puts it down wiping his tears away and sits back down as he hears Olivia head back.

"Shall we Joshy Bassett." she plops down next to him.

"Oh your own in script reading Rodrigo." he jokes they study their lines while joking around like old times.