Chapter Five

| Your POV |

The next day is pretty uneventful. You'd wanted to go to Hiro's showcase, but you had an essay due the next day and you couldn't wait any longer to do it. You sat at your desk and waited for Tadashi to text and tell you whether he got in or not.

You're dozing off at your desk when your phone buzzes. It's Tadashi.

Guess who's going to be joining us at nerd school next semester?

You grin at the screen.

I'm guessing that it's Hiro!

You sit back. Your phone buzzes again:

Of course!

You reply:

Well, tell him that I said congratulations!

You wait a couple of minutes. You phone buzzes.

Can do. Can you take a break from your essay and come to our celebratory dinner?

You sigh. You really shouldn't. But it's for Hiro. And you can see Tadashi.

Sure. Where at?

You wait for a response.

Nothing.

Five minutes pass. You decide to send him another text.

Were you planning on telling me where this dinner is?

Ten minutes pass. Twenty. Thirty five. You send him another text. Not surprising. Tadashi isn't good at keeping up with texts. You smile as you text:

Apparently not?

You sigh and return to your paper. Dinner would of been nice, but getting this paper done was seriously a priority. Twenty minutes into writing and your phone rings. You pick it up.

"Hello?"

"___-" Aunt Cass answers.

"Oh. Hey, Cass. What's up?"

"___, you need to come to the hospital right now." Her voice is strained and serious.

Everything stops. This is bad. This is really bad. "W-Why?" You ask.

"There was a fire. Tadashi was hurt. Badly."

You drop to your knees. "Oh my God," You whisper. "No." Your hands are shaking and you feel nauseous.

"Come to the hospital. Now," She strains. She's crying.

"I'm coming. I'm on my way." You hang up the phone and run out the door with a million things on your mind. One thought came above all others:

I can't lose him.