Chapter Twenty-Four

| Your POV |

"Ma'am. Ma'am. Can you hear me?" A female asks you.

You open your eyes. "T-Tadashi," You murmur. "Where. . ."

"Ma'am. Can you see me?"

You look up and see her long blonde hair and her thick glasses. She shines a flashlight in your eyes. "Yeah," You breathe.

"Okay. Can you tell me your name?"

You nod. "___.  .  . ___ ____."

"Good, good. Okay, Miss ___. Do you know what happened to you?"

"The- the portal. . . Tadashi," You say faintly. You're falling back under.

"It's okay, sweetie. Take your time."

Everything goes black.

| Tadashi's POV |

Tadashi wakes up in a hospital bed. He looks around. Aunt Cass sits by the window. She's typing on her phone.

"Aunt Cass," Tadashi whispers.

Aunt Cass drops her phone on the chair and runs to his side. "Oh, sweetie. You're okay."

"What happened?" He asks.

"You were hanging out with your friends when that professor of yours tried to destroy Krei Tech. Isn't that crazy? That's where he went." She pushes back Tadashi's hair. "___ was there. You saved her."

It all comes back. The portal. The way your body looked; frail, your lips blue. How you couldn't breathe, so he gave you his helmet.

"I thought I died," He whispers.

"It was close." Aunt Cass blinks away tears. "You just can't stay out of trouble, can you?"

Tadashi smiles. "I have to help people."

"I know, sweetie." She kisses his forehead.

"Is ___ okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. She's just a few doors down. Your friends are visiting her."

"I want to see her," He says.

Aunt Cass's eyes widen. "Oh. Well, when you're released you can."

Tadashi nods.

"I'm so happy you're okay," She says. She kisses his head. "I'm going to go tell everyone that you're up. Are you up for a couple of visitors?"

Tadashi smiles. "Yeah."