Chapter Twelve

| Your POV |

You decide that two days later would be a good time to go back to the hospital to visit. You decide to leave around noon. When Cass sees you in the parking lot, she grins.

"Hey, sweetie! Feeling better?" She pulls you into a hug.

"Hey," You say. "Yeah. Much better."

"Your friends are coming later. But you can see Tadashi if you want."

You smile and nod.

"Alright. Let's go, then."

Aunt Cass leads you to Tadashi's new hospital room. Aunt Cass talks about his improvements while you're on the elevator. You're happy knowing that He's doing better. He's had more freedoms since you were last here; he can now take walks and doesn't have to have a nurse by his side all day. Tadashi's had part of his face and arm that are badly burned wrapped up for a while. The other parts of his body that aren't as bad don't have to be wrapped up. Aunt Cass stops you in front of the wooden door.

"I'm going to see if he's ready. I'll be right back." She smiles and walks into the room.  You lean against the wall, anxiety twisting your stomach. Please don't let this be a repeat of last time.

"Tadashi," You hear Aunt Cass say. "___'s waiting outside. Are you up for visitors today?"

There's a pause. "Aunt Cass, I don't want to see her." Your heart skips a beat. Tears fill your eyes.

"Tadashi. What is wrong with you? She's your best friend!" She asks loudly.

"I just don't want to see her." He pauses. "Tell her that I'm sorry, but I don't want to."

Aunt Cass is quiet for a moment. "Tadashi, you should really think about what you're doing." You hear the door open and you don't have time to wipe away the tear that slides down your cheek. "___. . ."

"I-It's okay." You wipe your face. "I-I am still feeling a little run down, anyway." You force a smile and then turn away.

Aunt Cass watches as you go down the hall. "___, will you be back tomorrow?" She calls.

You don't answer. You keep your head down and quicken your speed. You start running when you see the elevator. You get on and slide down the wall. What did you do?

When the elevator doors open, you're sobbing. People give you weird looks as you run to the doors. Of course your friends would be there in that moment.

"Hey, ___," Honey Lemon says. "We're going to go see Tadashi. Want to come?"

"___?" Wasabi notices your red eyes. You ignore them.

As soon as you step outside, a familiar voice shouts, "___!"

You look over and see Hiro, running to your side.

"___," He says. "What happened? Tadashi's okay, right?"

You nod and try to move away. Hiro grabs your wrist.

"Hey," He says. "Wait. What's wrong?"

You shake your head and yank away. You run towards your car. So it isn't just because he feels bad. He's just done with you. You're not sure what you did, but it's made Tadashi hate you.

You drive home and immediately climb into your bed. You pull your blanket over your head and let Tadashi's words hit you over and over again.

You have no intentions on going back.