Chapter Thirteen

| Your POV |

"Look, ___, you know that my brother is just going through a rough time right now. He's in a lot of pain."

You're on the phone with Hiro. It's been three days since you've last seen him. He's trying to talk you into coming back to the hospital to see Tadashi.

"I know that's it's hard for him right now. I just don't want to make it worse."

"Trust me, ___, you'll make it better."

"He doesn't want me there," You say sadly. "And don't tell me that he does. I heard him say it."

"___. . . he didn't-"

"He did. I don't know what I did, but he doesn't want me anymore."

Hiro sighs. "I'll talk to him."

"Don't. It's his choice."

"Yeah, but it's your feelings that he's hurting," He says.

"I'm okay, Hiro. Really, I am."

"No one runs out crying like that when they're 'okay'. ___, my brother keeps making mistakes. But he's going through a lot. And I'll be sure to tell him."

You shake your head. "Tell him what?"

"That anyone who pushes away a girl who's as kind and caring as you is crazy. You're seriously more than what Tadashi ever wanted. Ever. He loves you, ___."

"Maybe he loved me, Hiro. Did. But he doesn't anymore."

"___-" Hiro begins.

"Look, I-I have homework to do. Tell your brother that I won't bother him anymore."

"I can't do that," Hiro says.

"And why not?" You ask angrily.

"Because he needs you to bother him. He needs to break out of this. . . whatever he's in. He needs to realize that what he is doing is wrong."

You're silent for a moment. "Okay. Thanks, Hiro."

"Anytime."

--

That night, you decide to go for a walk. You stop at a few stores and purchase some of Tadashi's favorite snacks and a couple of books for him. He may not want to see you, but that doesn't mean that you can't give him gifts.

When you're walking back home, you see a dark figure floating down a dark alley near San Fransokyo Bay. Literally floating. On a . . .  platform of some sort. When they flew by, they had a familiar sound.

"Microbots?" You whisper. But that's impossible. Hiro's microbots were destroyed in that fire. You shake your head and start to walk away. All of that stress has obviously got to your head.

But. . . what started the fire? Or. . . who started the fire? And why is Professor Callaghan missing?

You're over thinking this, you tell yourself. Relax. It's nothing. You're just stressed.

You walk back home and pack all of the goodies that you bought for Tadashi in a large basket. You take out a piece of paper and a pen. There's so much you want to say, but you don't know how to say it all. There's no way it could fit on this small square. You're not even sure that it could all fit on a poster board.