Chapter Nineteen

| Your POV |

You're flipping through channels on your TV the next morning, but you're not paying attention. You can't help but want to find that dark figure again. If you find him, Tadashi can't be too far behind. You really are crazy.

And what was that guy doing with Hiro's microbots? Where did he get them? Who could he even be?

He has to have something to do with Professor Callaghan's disappearance. You think back to what Hiro said to you when you were helping him move into his lab:

"Yeah, Professor Callaghan came up to me and I just. . . knew that I was going to get in," Hiro had told you about what happened at the showcase before the fire. "And then Alistair Krei came up to me."

You gasped. "Alistair Krei?"

"Yeah. He came up to me and wanted my microbots. It was insane."

"But you said no."

"Yeah. . . I just didn't feel that it was right. But Krei was really angry. I could see it. And he spent the rest of the night glaring at Callaghan." He shrugged. "Weird."

-

Now, this is all fitting together like missing puzzle pieces. Alistair Krei wanted Hiro's bots. He is the one behind the mask. He stole them and started the fire to get rid of Callaghan!

You stand up and run to your bedroom. You grab your phone. As you're dialing Hiro's number, something catches your eye on the TV. Alistair Krei is opening his business back up tomorrow.

You end the call as soon as it starts ringing. Chances that Hiro and Tadashi will be there are pretty high.

--

| Tadashi's POV |

"Dude, are we not going to talk about what happened last night?" Hiro asks his brother as he upgrades Fred's suit. In just the last couple of days, Tadashi and Hiro have built suits for everyone. They all plan on stopping Yokai.

"What is there to talk about?" Tadashi asks.

"Um, that rescue, really," Hiro says patiently.

"What about it?" He mumbles.

"You saved her," Hiro whispers. "You stopped chasing Yokai. You let him go on what could've been our last chance at getting him to save her."

"I don't think that it was our last chance. I scanned all of San Fransokyo. He's on the island. We'll chase him down and then we've got him. We'll get your microbots back and find out who started the fire and is responsible for Callaghan's disappearance." Tadashi turns towards his brother. "So suit up. We've got work to do."