Chapter Seven

| Your POV |

Two days later, around three in the afternoon, the doctors let Cass into Tadashi's room. The rest of the group has to stay. You sit in your chair, eyelids heavy as you stare at the floor. You've left the hospital three time to shower and bring back food. You've dozed off a couple of times in your chair, but it's too uncomfortable to sleep in for more than three or four hours.

You can't help but wonder how Tadashi is. How bad are his burns, exactly? Does he look completely different? Is he awake or asleep? If he's asleep. . . how long will he stay that way?

You stand up and start pacing the waiting room. Go Go looks up at you and sighs.

"Stop pacing, ___. You're making us nervous."

Fred nods in agreement.

"I can't," You say. You rub your temples. "I can't sit still and wonder . . . if he's okay or not."

"They let Cass in," Honey Lemon says sweetly. "That has to be a good sign."

Unless it isn't. You close your eyes. Hiro looks up at you with concern. When you open your eyes, the tears spill over. You stop walking and cover your eyes.

Fred is the first to walk over to you. He squeezes your shoulders. Honey Lemon walks over and pats your back. Go Go stands nearby. She reaches out and touches your arm. Wasabi stands there with Hiro. The six of you move into a group hug. You cry into Honey Lemon's shoulder. "I can't lose him," You wail.

"We know," Honey Lemon whispers. She looks up at Wasabi. "None of us can."

After a while, you go back to your seat by Hiro.  You lean back and look over at him.

"You love him," Hiro states.

You nod. "More than anything."