22

Third Person's POV~

The city was bathed in the light of the early morning. Marble walls were glowing golden as the sun breached the horizon over the sea. The air was crisp with the smell of the sea and baking food. Nenari's hair wavered in the breeze as her bare feet padded down the stone walkway. Kale was beside her, also enjoying the fresh air and the peaceful morning. Though his gaze, however, was primarily focused on the woman beside him.

He had it bad--plain and simple. Even he couldn't deny it at this point. Nenari had him--hook, line and sinker. She was perfectt in his eyes; from her broad stocky frame, to her intelligent stormy eyes. From her wild black hair, to the scars that pierced her glowing skin. She was everything Kale wanted--hell, everything he needed.

Nenari then happened to glance in his direction, her soft lips quirking into a smile, "What is it?" she asked.

"No, no nothin'." he looked away, unable to hide the smile on his lips, "Just enjoying the view." He found his courage and looked at her again.

Nenari flushed, and batted her thick eyelashes before she laughed and looked down, Ember plodding along beside her, giving the occasional bark or huff of excitement. Nenari reached down and rubbed her dog between her ears as the two of them made their way into the city. Things were just coming to life--people waking up to do their chores, farmers laying out their goods to sell. Smells filled the air, and Nenari could hear a beautiful symphony of laughing children, braying of animals and chattering of vendors.

Everything was so alive.

Kale walked with her, as the two of them spent the morning wandering the streets. They stopped to get some food, which Kale more than happily paid for.

"Kale, It's alright I can-" Nenari tried to object but the titan of a man insisted with a twinkle in his eye and a winning smile.

The two of them soon found themselves sitting on a stone wall, overlooking a section of the city, eating some bread and cheese. Nenari stared at the glittering skyline as the sun rose above the sea and bathed everything in its glory, "Its beautiful." she commented.

Kale swallowed his food and turned to look at her, "Yea, sure is something," he sighed happily.

Kale's hand then slowly slid over and gripped hers. Nenari glanced down at his hand, then up at him and smiled, turning her palm over so her fingers interlaced with his. Kale then lifted her hand, and pressed his chapped lips to the back of her knuckles, "Did I tell you that you look good today?"

Nenari huffed and turned scarlet, "You have."

"Well then I'll just say it again. You look good." Kale chucked warmly.

Nenari huffed as she fiddled with her skirt, a warm breeze tousling her messy hair as she watched the sea glitter beneath the sun, "Kale," her voice was hushed, "when we find . . . whatever it is we find--you do know that my past will come to haunt me, right?" She stared into his dark eyes, "I don't want you to get hurt. . ."

Kale's expression softened as he gently gripped her arm, his thumb caressing her skin, "Whatever we uncover, Nenari, I will be here for it--the good, the bad and the ugly."

Nenari nodded, "I just worry," she says, "I was left on that island for a reason--and that Spanish galleon that's been following us--it must know something. Something important . . ." she ran a hand down her face, "I just . . . I don't want anyone getting hurt."

Kale's large and powerful hand pressed to her back, offering a supporting gesture, "We chose to help you," he told her, "we're in it to the end." He then slipped his large arm around her waist and pulled her into his side, "I'm in it to the end."

Nenari looked up at him, with a small smile as she sighed shakily, "You're a good man, Kale." she quipped.

Kale felt his cheeks flush as he basked in the gaze of those stormy grey eyes, his other hand coming up and cradling her jaw, "C'mere, hun. . ." his voice dropped deep into his chest, a low rumble.

Nenari melted against him, her body becoming supple as his lips pressed to her own. Nenari gently snaked her hands up and around his thick neck, her food long forgotten as Kale cinched his titanic arms around her hips, drawing her in and squeezing like a python. Their lips worked in wondrous tandem as Kale's hand gently cupped her throat, his fingers dangling across the flexing muscles in her neck.

Nenari's fingers dragged over her muscles in his shoulders, feeling his warm skin beneath the pads of her fingers. Her body trembled in his arms, as her fingers travelled the crevasses of his body. The two broke away for a moment, both of them wearing a love-drunk expression. Nenari's lips flushed and red from his kiss and Kale breathing heavily.

Kale gently brushed some hair from her face, before he kissed her again. Nenari flushed as she kissed him back, her hands gripping at his shoulders. Kale's hands grew twitchy, eager to wander and explore. He could feel the power in Nenari's body--so much strength and muscle.

Nenari flushed as she pulled away, staring at him, her hand cupping his cheek, "Kale? Are you alright?"

He nodded, pressing warm, feathery kisses to her forehead, "I'm ok. I'm happy." he told her.

"Good." her hands rested on his chest, "Me too."