14

(I apologize if my Swahili is bad. I am not a racist, nor do I discriminate against anyone by their country of origin. Nenari is a character that speaks Swahili, that is the reason why it is in this story.)

Nenari's POV~

I stood in the middle of the deck, my hands pinned down at my sides as the Chimera headed straight for the gigantic ship. Ember came up beside me, her dark fur bristling as her eyes flashed. Her fangs were bared, a true sign of agitation and aggression. I began panting hard; I was suddenly drawn into flashbacks. I saw my mother's hand, touching my young face. Her note flashing across my eyelids, her songs ringing out in my ears.

The treasure . . . The treasure . . . The Treasure of One Thousand Golden Tears.

I blinked, then turned to the rail, and grabbed my spear. That treasure was the key to everything. I had to find it. I had to. I held my spear in my hands, "I've come too far to let this ship stop me." I snarled under my breath.

Kale came up beside me, his sharp eyes looking at my profile, "Nenari? Are you ok?" He asked.

"I am . . ." I looked to Ember and pet her between her ears before I growled deeply, "I will be damned to Tartarus before I am taken from my journey." I stated firmly.

Sinbad came up beside me, "Kudos for dedication, Nenny, but uh . . . we don't stand a chance against an entire Spanish ship!" He said.

"One, my name is Nenari, not Nenny, and two, we cannot simply go around them," I said aggressively.

Kale got between us, "We don't have much of a choice." He said firmly, glancing at the oncoming ship, "We have to go around!"

"There is nowhere to go around!" Rat shouted from above, amidst the ropes, "We will be shredded by those rocks!"

"We have no other options!" I barked, "We. do not have the manpower,  nor the weapons to take on a Spanish warship! The Chimera is smaller, slimmer and more maneuverable." I growled.

"Do not tell me how to captain my ship!" Simbad exclaimed after me, making my temper spike.

"Ee Mungu wangu nina idiot ya nahodha!" I suddenly exclaimed in a forgienn tongue. It was odd how I knew such a complex tongue, but . . . it almost felt . . . like...it was ingrained in my soul, my spirit.

Sinbad stared at me in confusion "What the heck kinda language was that?! and I heard the word idiot in there!" He turned to Marina, "Was she calling me an idiot?!"

Kale stared at me, his sharp eyes piercing, "Nenari . . . was that...Swahili?"

"What was what Swahili?" I asked as the ship rocked violently, "And can it wait till we are out of danger?!"

Kale blinked, "Oh, right!" He turned to Sinbad, "What are we gonna do?"

Sinbad gave a frustrated grunt, "Ok, ok! Hard to port!" he bellowed, "We're gonna flank them wide! Go!"

I turned on my heel and ran across the deck, grabbing rope and long pole, shouting to the others.

THIRD PERSON'S POV~

There was no doubt in Kale's mind. The words she spoke were in Swahili. Kale was familiar with the tongue from some time he spent on a fisherman's ship when he was a boy, around 14 to 16. One of the crew members was from Africa and spoke Swahili often. He even taught Kale some phrases, like 'Acha jua liangaze kwako kwa siku zako zingine.'  meaning 'Let the sun shine on you for the rest of your days'. 

Kale tightened a rope as he watched Nenari open the tail with the help of Jin and Li. Her story was starting to come together, slowly, but surely.