1

Two years after the Book of Peace was returned safely to Syracuse, Sinbad and the crew find a woman astray on a remote island, her only possessions: the cloths on her back, her faithful Dog, Ember, and a map. A new adventure awaits Sinbad and the gang, and a new love story to boot!

The mighty vessel, known far and wide as the Chimera, cruised across the Mediterranean, it's sleek hull piercing the waves like a knife would butter. At the wheel was the man himself, the notorious Sinbad! His usual mischievous grin, and charmed featured locked onto the horizon ahead, at his side was Marina, the former ambassador of Thrace, her short choppy hair wavering in the salty sea air.
    The mid-day sun beat down on the bodies of the crew, as they worked and hauled up the sails and threw lengths of rope to one another. Everyone knew their part, like a well-oiled machine. One of the most impressive of the crew was Kale, the first mate, this man was built like an Olympian, his muscles bulging as he heaved up a plank of wood.
"Sinbad!" Kale's deep voice bellowed, "How much longer till we make anchor?" his thick brows rose in curiosity.
Sinbad squinted as he looked into the horizon, "We'll make land fall by sun-down!" he called back, "Hopefully we'll be able to make the repairs we need."
Indeed, the Chimera had taken damage, I mean, that's what happens when you get bashed around by a Sea Serpent. There was a breach in the hull, it was patched up for now, but it wouldn't hold for much longer. They needed to make land fall to repair their beloved ship. A sea gull scored overhead, screeching it's cry, this brightened the mood of the crew.
If there was a bird, there was land.
Sinbad spun the wheel, and the prow of the Chimera shifted it's angle till it aligned with a mass of land in the distance.
As they grew closer, Kale had a sinking feeling in his gut, something was wrong here, the Island itself seemed nice enough: Lush foliage, sandy breach, rising mountains and so on.
But there was this underlying ominous feeling, like there was a darkness on this island, deep behind the bracken, trees and undergrowth, there was something back there.
The Chimera groaned as it's hull scraped the sandy shore of the shallows and the crew sprang into action, Jin, along Wirth Jed and Luca pulled out the gang plank and set it over the side of the ship, Kale vaulted himself over the rail and landed in the shallows with a grunt, water splashing up on his arms.
Kale raised a muscular arm and caught a mooring line provided by Li. Kale, being the powerhouse he is, walked ashore and pulled with all his might. With the help of the crew, they were able to pull the Chimera father up the sandy beach--roughly two yards.
"Tie her off!" Sinbad ordered.
Kale yanked hard then tied the line around a sturdy palm tree, he called to Sinbad, "She's secure!"
Sinbad then walked over to the damaged hull, it was packed in with sacks of grain, and old pieces of decking, the brown-haired theif sighed then removed his little red hat.
"Alright," he finally spoke, turning to the crew, "Let's get some sleep, then we can start working in the morning." he yawned very dramatically, "Yeah," he sighed, "let's make camp . . ."

~~~~~

Unknown to the crew of the Chimera, a set of green eyes watched them work. Those green orbs belonged to a scruffy black wolf-like dog with a pice of rope hanging loosely around her neck. The dog backed up a few steps before turning tail and vanishing into the jungle.
Kale's gut feeling was right, there was something else on this island.
The thing was: Was it good? Or bad?